fourteen °

"thank you for your time!" hyejin and jaehyun bowed to the staff with smiles on their faces as they walked to the elevators

it didn't take long for the elevator to arrive and send them to the ground floor. looking out of the glass door, the sky was painted with shades of orange and red, billowy clouds here and there looking like soft cotton balls. there were splashes of pink splattered across the wide sky, intermixed with hues of baby blue and pale yellow. the sunset was a sight to see, it was almost like a painting.

"it was fun working with you on set," hyejin murmured, making jaehyun smile in response. "glad you thought so too, you are a fun person to be around."

"i guess this marks the end of our meetup?" hyejin looked up to face jaehyun, looking into his eyes. jaehyun turned to her with a grin, shaking his head. "i made reservations at a restaurant for us, are you just going to leave now?"

 "i made reservations at a restaurant for us, are you just going to leave now?"

"open your mouth," jaehyun held a slice of pizza in front of hyejin's face. hyejin's face was unreadable, a mixture of emotions showed on her face. disgust, fear, curiosity, you name it, you'd see it on hyejin's face.

it was the infamous hawaiian pizza with pepper on top that jaehyun previously talked about. seeing it up close, hyejin really wondered why did jaehyun like this. a large, round flat surface covered with bright red pizza sauce topped with an assortment of pineapples, bacon and cheese. the perfect combination was ruined by the huge amount of red flaming hot peppers placed on top of it all.

"just try it?" jaehyun pleaded after seeing the girl's expression. hyejin took a bite of the pizza, frowned for a quick second, then realised that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would taste.

"it's not what i'd eat on a daily basis," hyejin paused, swallowing the pizza as she continued. "but i approve of this weird combination."

"yes!" jaehyun excitedly made an air punch, unintentionally raising his voice and catching unwanted attention from nearby diners. "whoops," the boy muttered absentmindedly.

hyejin giggled, finding jaehyun's reaction to be rather amusing. the boy's ears heated up after seeing hyejin's reaction.

"thank you for coming and we hope to see you again soon!" the waitress at the door called out to the two as they continued walking further away from the restaurant

"before i forget," jaehyun began as he opened his bag. "gummy bears and the boyz concert tickets."

"no way," the girl's eyebrows rose in shock, slowing down her steps. "no way, no way, no way!"

"yes way," jaehyun remarked sarcastically, hiding the smile he had from seeing hyejin's reaction. he was more than glad that hyejin liked his present.

"love you!" hyejin wrapped her arms around jaehyun's neck, giving him a warm hug. jaehyun's eyes widened at hyejin's sudden move as he remained frozen. the hug lasted for a good ten seconds before hyejin released her arms, but those ten seconds felt like ten hours to jaehyun.

"earth to jaehyun?" hyejin snapped her fingers in front of the boy, catching his attention. jaehyun was lucky that the weather was cold and half of his face was covered by his scarf, or else his red blushing face would have been seen by hyejin.

"so as i was saying, since you gave me two tickets, do you want to come with me?" hyejin spoke as she waved the concert tickets in jaehyun's face. jaehyun had completely missed out on what hyejin was saying when he spaced out.

"me?"

"yes you, none of my friends except you like the boyz and plus, you gave me these tickets,"

"y-yeah sure," jaehyun stuttered, taking the ticket that hyejin was giving him. as a response, hyejin showed a bright smile to the boy, eyes forming crescents.

"i think i should really go now, it's getting late and i don't want shotaro to get worried," the girl spoke as she took a glance at her phone. "let's keep in contact and continue chatting on make a wish!"

"sure, should i send you home?" hyejin shook her head, rejecting jaehyun's offer. "i'll be fine! my bus stop is nearby so don't worry about me."

"bye!"

jaehyun waved back at the figure that was slowly disappearing into distance, still blushing under his scarf. he knew that the "love you" didn't mean anything big to hyejin when she said it, but that line certainly stayed in his mind for quite a while.

"i'm not catching feelings, i'm not catching feelings," jaehyun muttered as he walked in the opposite way hyejin went.

or was he?

i've never actually tasted peppers on hawaiian pizza lmaooo so don't come and attack me if you try it and it doesn't taste good ;( and sorry that i haven't been as active on wattpad!!!