|65|

The feeling of the warm sun on my face causes me to squeeze my eyes lightly and stir awake from my sleep. Letting out a small sigh, I fully open my eyes to find my concrete ceiling staring back at me. Harry lays beside me, his leg tossed over both of mine with his arm draped over my stomach and his head resting on my pillow.

I reach up and rub my eyes with my fingers, feeling Harry stir beside me as his grip tightens over my waist, signaling he's waking up. With the blankets shoved to the bottom of the bed, he still managed to keep me warm all night.

Once we had made sure the fire was completely out last night, we had come straight back to my apartment and showered together which is something we do much more often now. Last night was hard but also so relieving and much needed. I've never felt so weightless in my life, having all of this free space around me. It feels like the air around me is finally breathable.

"Hi sweetheart." Harry rasps tiredly, his voice sounding gravely and strained. I smile lightly and allow my head to fall to the side so my eyes meet his. His hair is messy and he smiles lazily up at me with his eyes sparkling from the sunlight flooding into my bedroom.

"Hi pretty." I mumble, reaching over and pushing his curls back out of his face. He sucks in a slow breath of content, staring at me with droopy eyes. "Tired?" I ask him quietly, his head nodding in response as he cuddles closer to me.

"Didn't sleep much." He murmurs quietly before sitting up in the bed. His hand rests on the mattress and holds his weight up while the other glides through his curls multiple times, taming them into their natural messy state that I love.

"Why not?" I ask lowly, my eyes fixed on his skinny body, my heart slowing in my chest. He simply shakes his head and looks over his shoulder at me, a smirk playing on his rosy lips.

"No reason." He answers. I nod slowly sitting up and crossing my legs as I reach out and trace the ink on is bicep that's losing its muscle. "How are you?" He asks after a moment, a small sigh escaping my lips as I nod my head as a short response.

   "Good, surprisingly." I mutter, flickering my eyes up to meet his. He glides his tongue over his bottom lip before he stands fully from the bed in just his boxers. He picks up the hoodie I had worn from yesterday and tugs it's over his head, a frown forming on my lips. "Where are you going?" I ask, pulling my knees to my chest as I watch him pull his jeans on.

   "I have a couple things to do today." He answers, zipping and buttoning his jeans. The hood hides his curls as he rounds the bed to grab his phone and keys, leaning over and pressing a short kiss to my lips, not giving me anytime to react.

   "You have to leave, like, right now?" I ask quietly, feeling stupid for seeming so clingy, but after last night I'd been hoping to actually just spend a day with him that doesn't revolve around my family issues. Am I being selfish for wishing he'd stay? Probably. But I find it odd that he all of a sudden has things to do, I know he doesn't work and it's summer, he doesn't have any homework. We usually do everything together.

   "I'll call you sometime later, okay?" He asks, standing in my doorway. I run my hands through my hair, my shoulder slouching down with obvious disappointment as I nod my head regardless, mindlessly playing with the bottom hem of Harry t-shirt that covers my body.

   "Yeah, that's fine." I answer, chewing the inside of my cheek. Harry nods and taps his fingers against the doorway, his rings making small noises against the wood before he leaves my bedroom, my front door opening and closing moments later.