6.15

TW: MASS SHOOTING

TW: MASS SHOOTING

Helena had been truly happy that morning. It had seemed like her day would be a great one, in all areas of her life: she would get to preform a kidney transplant surgery by herself on one of her favorite patients, she'd just gotten engaged... She had been truly happy.

Now, a gun pointed to her as she closed her eyes in resignation, she realized one thing: she now knew the true meaning of the calm before the storm.

——

5 hours earlier

That same morning, Helena knocked on Cristina's apartment door, excited to tell her friends about her engagement.

Once Cristina answered it, Helena smiled at her, entering the apartment. "Hi! I have news. Wait, why are you crying?" She asked, noting Callie crying over her cereal.

"I-I broke up with A-Arizona because she doesn't want a baby..." The woman sobbed, Helena moving closer to her to press a kiss to the top of her head.

Cristina joined them on the counter, eating her cereal with a sad face. "Will you stop crying." She asked, starting to sob too.

"You stop crying!" Callie shot back, the two woman sobbing over their breakfast.

"Well, hum, bad time then..." Helena muttered, rubbing her hands up her friends' backs in comfort.

"No, no, what is it?" Callie insisted, sniffling against her paper tissue.

"Are you sure?" The short girl asked, unsure of whether it'd be a good idea.

"Yes, we're sure. Tell us." Cristina agreed, tears still staining her cheeks.

"Well, Mark proposed!" She let out, showing her engagement ring with a grin.

The two housemates looked at each other for a silent second, before beginning to sob even more.

"Oh, ok, like I said, bad timing... Sorry." Helena scrunched up her nose, getting back to comforting her friends.

——

"No way!" Helena let out, trying to hide her happiness until she knew how Meredith felt.

"Yeah." Meredith nodded, after giving her people the news.

"No freaking way!" Cristina agreed.

"Right?"

"Oh my god, ok. We're you trying to...?" The curly haired woman asked.

"No! Total accident, I used the thing." The blond explained.

"So are we happy about this?" Helena wanted to make sure, narrowing her eyes.

"Or are we exercising our legal right to choose?" Cristina added.