51

*****************************

I'm lucky you've been keeping me around

*****************************

BENTLEY

BENTLEY

We arrived in Tokyo about an hour ago. Harry had been fighting with the car rental guy for the past forty five minutes because they wouldn't let him pay with US dollars like they had everywhere else. He had spent some time on the phone with someone a few minutes ago and I knew they were on their way but I was losing my patience sitting down with my foot on the coffee table.

I don't think it was too broken, but it was painful. I'll probably need a boot like Allie did when she broke her ankle when we took ballet together but as long as I kept taking some painkillers I'll be fine. I'd probably be able to drive with the boot on, but not just yet.

I was pissed that she had hurt my driving foot. It meant I was stuck being a passenger, and although Harry and Rumer were able to distract me with the short drive, I don't think I could handle much time in the passenger seat.

Rumer kept whispering shit about Allie, and Z and everyone else and it was enough to calm me down because I was on the brink of giving in. I had gone through some crazy traumatic shit and I was only letting myself feel a little bit of it at a time. The last thing I needed was to lose my shit over everything when I was supposed to be relaxing and lying low with Harry.

I just... I just need some control. I had lost so much of it lately that I was just itching to get some of it back in anyway possible. If I hadn't fallen asleep on the plane I would have begged the pilot to let me fly it.

At least Harry had gotten me some nicotine gum and a Diet Coke on the flight. My withdrawal symptoms were quick to eat me alive after spending a few hours without it and when I mixed it with my anxiety of being trapped with Luna... recipe for disaster. My arms healed pretty quickly, the redness dulling down until only light scrapes were left.

I could tell how worried Harry was when we were in a staredown with Luna. Well, she made me race for her and I won, but I only tried as hard as I did because she held a loaded gun to my head the whole time.