amalgamation

amalgamation
/əmalɡəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun: amalgamation; plural noun: amalgamations
the action, process, or result of combining or uniting.

amalgamation/əmalɡəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/noun: amalgamation; plural noun: amalgamationsthe action, process, or result of combining or uniting

Glendale, AZ
September 17th 2025
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"What if this just doesn't work how we want it to, Adriel?" Hezekiah rolled his eyes at his girlfriends pedantries.

"Baby, we have Jalen. This is no different just that you haven't been with this one since birth."

"Exactly, Zeke that's why I don't think this'll work." Soraya repeated as she twisted in her chair to face her boyfriend.

"Okay you are way too worried Soraya, you want this, you know you want this."

"Hezekiah this has nothing to do with my wants this is what is best for our family and best for our relationship."

"We aren't just doing this for us Soraya, those kids are just puppies or toys. They are humans without families and love and care: we are going to give them that just like we gave Jalen."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry thinking about this too much is not going good. "

"It isn't, I think you're forgetting what we're doing this for Soraya."

"You sound like you're scolding me," Soraya pouted.

"You know I'm not baby, but I want you to fully assimilate the depth of this situation. If you aren't ready I can turn this car around now and we can never speak of this day again and come back when you're ready. However there isn't no do-overs, if we go in there and we take Nahmir to the home we promised him then we can't leave him again. He's six Soraya, the same age Jalen was when you took him in."

"I know."

"Do you? Baby I'm not trying to be hard on you but this boy needs us, he needs you, your loving and your heart, he needs a home. Our home has more than enough space for him."

"It does." Soraya said with a cold chuckle.

"Are you ready for this baby?"

"Yes, I am." Soraya said confidently as Hezekiah parked the car and gave her hand a tight squeeze.

⌛️⏳⌛️

"So buddy this rooms all yours." Hezekiah said as he finished the house tour.

"My old house wasn't at all this big." That was the first full sentence Nahmir spoke to them, "does it get dark at night?"

"Yeah, but that's fine because." Soraya looked at Hezekiah for help.

"That's fine because the hallway light will remain on and we can go to Walmart and  get you some LED lights in the morning."

"You didn't paint the room." Nahmir observed as he scrutinised the pale white walls.

"No, we wanted to wait for you. To paint it whatever colour you wanted, what's your favourite colour champ?" When Nahmir didn't respond Jalen opted for telling him his to see if that made him more comfortable.

"When I was younger my favourite colour was red." Soraya nodded and smiled at him.

"That's right and it was all filled with Lightning McQueen in our old house."

"Then we came here and changed it for Ben 10."

"I love Ben 10." Nahmir whispered softly, "I don't like the dark. Or sleeping alone." Hezekiah and Soraya looked at each other then at Jalen. He smiled at them and nodded his head, Soraya grabbed her oldest sons head and pressed a kiss on his forehead before thanking him quietly.

"Why don't we blow up a bed and you can sleep in Jalen's room tonight, then tomorrow morning we'll get some bunk beds."

"The ones where one is above the other." Soraya nodded as she took her youngest sons hand and went down the hallway to show him his older brothers room.

"Yeah, we'll all go early together tomorrow morning and see which kind you like best. Tonight Jalen can sleep on the blow up bed whilst you sleep on his bed or if you're both comfortable with it you can sleep top and tail."

"What's top and tail?" Nahmir asked curiously.

"Top is where one person is at the top of the bed, so the headboard and the other is at the tail." Hezekiah explained.

"I don't mind if we do that, Mir. You can have the top and I'll have the bottom." Jalen offered gladly.

Nahmir looked at him shyly, he didn't know how to respond to the nickname.

"I have a friend named Samir, we all call him Sam though. Is it okay if I call your mir?" Nahmir was hesitant but then nodded.

The last thing his biological mother said to him leading up to her death is that she wanted him to be accepting of his new family and she wanted him to be kind and obedient.

He couldn't go against his mothers wishes .

"That's great to hear, Hezekiah will begin moving all of your toys whilst I start on dinner."

"I-I'm allergic to peanut butter." Nahmir said worriedly as he looked behind him to Soraya's disappearing figure.

"I know little prince, I'm going to make some fajitas. No peanut butter included." Soraya said enthusiastically before continuing on her way.

[story of Soraya's second adoption process]
[i'm only going to do two more bonus chapters]