Chapter 5: The Rippah

Percy had no idea where the sacrifice was happening. She walked through the woods, for what seemed like forever. 

She trudged through the area and strained her ears to hear.

The sea green eyed girl sighed when she couldn't hear anything. How big could the forest be?

Suddenly, something wooshed by her. Percy ran after the blur that passed her.

She saw the figure stop fifty feet away from her. The demigod slowed her pace slightly but still jogged towards it.

When she got closer, she recognized it was Elijah.

"Elijah?"

He had a distant look in his eyes. The original seemed a bit disconnected from reality.

"Hello, Persephone." He seemed to be looking at something next to her.

The demigod turned her head to see a wolf sitting beside her. Unlike Tyler, this wolf was calm. It wasn't trying to attack her.

The wolf had bright gold eyes and beautiful fur. He lowered his snout to the ground, as if showing her that he wouldn't hurt her.

Percy was in slight awe. "Hi."

The wolf took a small step closer to her and rubbed his face against her hand.

The demigod was a bit confused, but she gently ran her fingers through its fur.

"I see you've met Niklaus."

Percy's face scrunched up. "What?" She looked back at the wolf. Her mouth formed a small 'o.'

"So, he completed the transition." The demigod stated.

Elijah nodded. "Yes."

Percy sent the wolf a smile. "Congratulations, wolfie."

The hybrid leaned into her slightly.

Klaus didn't know why, but he felt drawn to the demigod. He found comfort in her presence.

"Go explore, Nikkie."

He made a slight grunt at the name.

Percy laughed. "He's so dramatic," she said to Elijah.

Klaus whined, which only made Percy laugh again.

The hybrid watched her for a few moments before walking away.

She turned to look at the original. "Are you okay?"

The man responded, "He said my family's alive."

Percy didn't have enough information about the matter, so Elijah continued speaking. "Niklaus told me he buried our family at sea. A moment before I could rip his heart out of his chest at the ritual, he told me otherwise. He promised to reunite me with them."

"Well, that's a good thing! Right?" She asked, unsure of how he was feeling.

Elijah replied, "Yes, that is, if my brother wasn't lying to me."

Percy nodded. "Oh. I hope you get to see your family again Elijah. You deserve it."

The original brought his eyes back to her. "Thank you."

The demigod sent him a small smile and sat down on a log. She gestured to the spot next to her, and the original obliged.

"So, is 'Niklaus' his real name?" She asked with a grin.

A hint of a smile appeared on the man's face. "Yes."

"Interesting. I figured he lied to me when he said his name was Nik."