Chapter 2: Into the Underworld

{This chapter takes place the day after the previous chapter, so no more episodes have happened since then.

We do not own Danny Phantom or Percy Jackson, only this story and our original characters.}

      "Dude, with the way your life is playing out, you could be the main character in a TV show or something." Tucker said in-between handfuls of chips.

      "Yeah, tell me about it." Danny groaned, facedown in his pillow. It was after school the following day and he, Tucker, and Sam currently occupied Danny's bedroom. Danny was sprawled out on his bed and Sam sat on his desk while Tucker sat in the desk chair.

      "Well, I just cannot believe that you met Thanatos!" Sam gushed. "This is just, like, the awesomest thing to have ever happened in your entire half-life!"

      "Hey!" Danny lifted his head to scowl at her. "I can be the judge of that for myself, thanks!"

      "I mean, she's kinda right, though," Tucker remarked. "Not everyone gets to meet an immortal being who needs their help."

      Danny didn't respond. Instead, he looked out the window at the sun, which had begun to set. Crap, Danny thought, sitting up. It's time to meet Thanatos. "Okay, guys, you gotta go," he said. "It's time."

      "Have you decided what you're gonna do?" Sam asked. "Are you gonna help him?"

      "I mean, I guess I can give it a try." Danny conceded. "Maybe I can learn a few things from him. It's been pretty hard having to learn everything on my own, and he probably knows a ton about ghosts and stuff."

      And with that, Danny rolled off of the bed and gestured to the door. Tucker got up and fist bumped Danny. "Good luck, man." He smiled.

      "Thanks," Danny sighed.

      Sam gave him a quick hug. "Good luck! Tell me everything when you get back, okay?" She grinned eagerly.

      "Yeah, I will. Thanks, Sam." Danny smiled, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

      Tucker walked by them, coughing in a way that suspiciously sounded like "Lovebirds." Sam slugged him in the arm when she caught up with him. Danny sighed and shook his head; would his friends ever change? As Sam and Tucker left, Danny walked down to the living room, where his mom was working on another ghost hunting weapon.

      "Hey, Mom. I've got a lot of homework due Monday, so I'll be busy for the rest of the night." Danny said; Maddie said that was fine and that she would check on him in a little bit.

      Danny returned to his room, and moved things around on his desk to make it seem like he had done some homework. Then he arranged his bed to make it look like he was sleeping underneath the covers. With his room ready, Danny transformed and phased down to the lab. Thankfully, Jack was not in there, but Thanatos was. Instead of the long robe from the previous night, he now wore a knee length, one-shouldered, coal-colored chiton (that's what Sam said the robe was called) with a golden rope cinched around the waist, and bright red leather sandals.

      "Umm, hey," Danny waved awkwardly. He felt the faint tugging at his ghost core again, but it was easier to ignore this time.

      "How did your math test go?" Thanatos asked.

      "Wow, uhh, I... I mean, as good as it could have, I guess...?" Danny rubbed the back of his neck. "I wasn't expecting you to ask that, thought you were gonna be all ominous and stuff."