26.

"Who are you?", Ye Jun questioned.

"Your...competitor?", the masked man cracked.

"We don't have our whole day! Just remove your mask!", Ye Jun shouted. I've never seen my tomato getting so angry ever before.

"Fine then....if you are so desperate....", he slowly removed his mask and I almost fainted after seeing his face.

"Dr. Jung?", my mom asked in shock.

"Yes, it's me," he proudly said and relaxed on the wooden chair.

"Y-You...were behind all this? B-But why?", I asked. I don't have any energy left to face any more shocks today. I'll surely die if life keeps bombarding like this. I will never ever say that my life is the same shit everyday, it takes revenge.

"Haha...don't be shocked. It's me, not a hallucination," he laughed.

"Why you did this?", I cried.

"Hey please don't cry. Did I scare you that much?", he came closer to wipe my tears but I pushed him. "I should be honest this time."

He exhaled and we all sat down patiently to listen his story. It feels like I am living in an imagination. My reality can't be this exciting!

"I love you Dhriti. I always did," his first line was enough to give me silent heart attacks. "And I couldn't see you getting abused by your dad like this so I..."

"This was not the right way," my mom said.

"I know but I had no other choice," he continued. "When Dhriti first came to me, I fell in love with her beauty. After spending years with her like a doctor, I've started understanding her and knowing her. Whenever she was close to me, my heart started racing. I don't know what this feeling is if it's not love."

Ye Jun gripped my hands tightly. I looked at him and he was carefully listening to Dr. Jung without blinking. I held his hands and started caressing it. It's kinda cute when guys get jealous.

"I knew Dhriti was suffering from depression due to this psycho and I couldn't hold it anymore. I kidnapped him so that he can't even try to hurt her. I was drugging him because....you know he was a powerful rich man who could buy the whole city in cash," he kept down the mask he was holding. "Drugging Dhriti was a choice. I knew that Mrs. Anand will never leave her in a hospital and Dhriti will also not accept that she is mentally suffering as she claimed to be a 'strong girl'. Drugs at least helped her relax a little which kept her alive. And all drugs are not bad, right?"

"Why you didn't confessed to her then?", Ye Jun asked in a cold way.

"She was not mentally stable to get in any kind of relationship and being a doctor, I couldn't risk her health for my happiness," he beamed in frustration. "And how could I ask her out when I was already a sinner in her eyes? She thought that I am dating her mother."

"What?", my mom looked at me and her gaze was enough to choke me.

I smiled in embarrassment and scratched the back of my head, "it was just a misunderstanding...hehehe...."

"But how you came to know it?", Ye Jun asked. "Are you secretly following her?"

"No," he giggled. "I read it through her eyes. Her mouth can lie but her eyes tell everything."

Ye Jun covered my eyes with his palm, "you don't have to look in her eyes anymore."

"Sorry Dhriti for all this...."

"It's ok," I forgave him without any further arguments.

"You should say sorry to me too for checking on my property," Ye Jun demanded.

"Ok sorry sir," my doctor held his ears. "Sorry Mrs. Anand. I--"

"I will never forgive you if you call me Mrs. Anand again," she said and we all started laughing.

Can a criminal case end like this in a funny way?

"But Dr. Jung I have one question. Why were you acting like a really bad guy earlier?", I asked in curiosity.

"Umm...because I didn't want you to recognize me. I even changed my voice a little," he said. "I was scared of letting you know my feelings."

"I apologize for rejecting your proposal--"

"I didn't said 'I love you' to hear it back. I said it to make sure you knew," he said with a smiling face but somehow sadness was reflected in his eyes.

"What should we do to him now?", a gangster asked Dr. Jung and pointed towards that psycho criminal.

"We will decide what punishment he deserves," we heard a sound from back.

"Police?", I said and we got up as soon we found officers coming inside.

"We have heard all your conversation," the inspector said.

"We called them before coming here," Ye Jun said and mom supported. "I was worried when I didn't found you there. Some kids said that you went near the parking lot. Luckily, I met your mom who came there to buy winter gifts for you. At last we decided to take help of the police."

"He is correct. We tracked the car through your mobile phone and then followed it," the inspector continued. "Thanks to you miss Dhriti for you have helped us find not only one, but two criminals."

"Two?", I asked.

"Yes, one is your so called dad and the other one is Dr. Jung. His licence will be cancelled and he won't be able to treat patients anymore," the inspector added.

"But he is not a criminal," I argued.

"Ma'am we understand your sentiments but he is a criminal according to law. Abduction, violence and drugging is against the constitution," another officer continued. "Though his intentions were not wrong, his way was. We have to arrest him."

"Let me go Dhriti. I know I did wrong and I should be punished," Dr. Jung moved his hands towards an officer. "Please arrest me for I've committed crime."

"But why you did this?", my mom begged him not to leave.

"We say that love is blind and it doesn't have any knowledge about right and wrong," he smiled and the police officers handcuffed both of them.

"I am sorry Dhriti for giving you my everything before making sure if you wanted it," that was all I could hear from him before the police pushed him inside their jeep.

Every situation has two sides. It's we who decide which one to choose.