⌞2⌝

Rory was sat waiting at the giant concrete gates like she did everyday, waiting for Newt to emerge from the depths. He was late, that much Rory knew, why and how was a complete different story. So there she sat, playing with a singular piece of grass she plucked from the ground while being drowned in anxiety, she had lost one friend to the maze and was getting attached to newt so she didn't want that to happen to him.

"Rory! Someone get Rory!" The raven haired girls head shot up from where she was looking and looked straight into the maze, the sight making her eyes widen and to jump up quickly. Running towards the concrete walls but not going in since she wasn't allowed by Alby's rules. Rory saw two boys stumbling towards her, well one whilst the other was drifting in and out of consciousness.

Newt and Alby where heading slowly towards the gate, the blonde looked bloodied up and in pain. When the two got to Rory she quickly looped Newts arm over her shoulder and the two walked him to homestead and into the small cabin that Rory renovated into a small medical room, they placed newt down on the small table and Rory turned to Alby.

"Al what happened" She asked as she grabbed a bunch of cleaning supplies and bandages, she cleaned any visible cuts that had formed and had Alby get him undressed (minus the underwear) so she could check for any more cuts. 

"i don't know Rory, minho found him lying on the ground unconscious and got me to bring him back. I managed to get him to wake up for a moment and then i just brought him here" Alby sighed before whispering "i recon he climbed the vines and jumped" hearing those word broke Rory's heart, tears forming in her eyes as she moved the blondes hair out his face.

"He's probably petrified still, i know i was when i first came here. I mean waking up in a box not remembering anything but your name is terrifying. I don't blame him for trying but I'm glad it didn't work" Rory smiled with teary eyes and placed a gentle kiss on Newt's forehead as she ran her hand through his hair "be a doll and get me spare clothes, i don't think he'd appreciate waking up and being half naked, not being able to make yourself decent"

"on it boss" Alby joked and made his way out of the small cabin, Rory sat on the small chair beside the table. To see if he had further injuries he would need to be awake. The raven haired girl constantly checked his pulse and made sure he was still breathing whilst waiting for Alby to come back. She grabbed one of the thicker blankets and placed it gently over the boy before sitting back into the chair.

When Alby arrived back he let Rory know that it was almost dinner and that if she wanted he could bring her back a plate of whatever they where having after and of course she agreed. If it was anyone else Rory probably would have put in a schedule for each of the Med-Jacks to follow but for some reason she needed to know that the blonde was okay, she didn't want to leave him alone in fear something might happen.

After dinner, as promised, Alby brought Rory a plate of food and kissed her forehead goodnight before turning to leave. As he got to the door he span around and looked at the black haired girl.

"i know how much he means to you alright and i know how much you mean to him, i don't know why anyone gets attached to you since your an annoying little shank" Alby joked "but promise me you'll get some rest, make sure you look after yourself please"

"i will al now go get your beauty sleep, you need your energy" Rory replied with a smile although she knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep in fear something might happen to newt. Alby was right, the two already meant so much to one another yet they only knew each other for such little time. Was it something to do with their previous life or was it just a simple connection you get when you meet someone you can talk to so effortlessly. 

In the end Rory did get some sleep, not on her mattress but in the chair beside Newt's bed wrapped up in one of the blankets. She wasn't originally going to sleep but exhaustion beat her and she sort of just closed her eyes for a second unaware of the fact she was falling asleep. She had a dream, a nightmare more like. She was dreaming that she had witnessed what newt had assumedly done. Climbing up vines then jumping.

Some part of her wanted it to be something else, that he tripped and hit his head hard or something. She didn't want to think that Newt would do that, it made her feel guilty. Aurora felt like if she was abetter friend then maybe he wouldn't have done it but then again she understood why. She wanted to at first, she wanted to just leave and then she started her job and getting to know the others more and eventually enjoyed it.

Enjoyed it as much as you could when you where unwillingly thrown into a concrete maze with what could potentially have no way out. She felt like a lab rats, like a trial and error for something she couldn't remember. The dream continued but just in different forms, one where Rory caught him in time to stop him, one where it had worked. After the last 'scene' of watching newt jump of the vines and it work she jolted awake.

A cold sweat dripping down her neck as she turned towards newt, he was still asleep. Rory checked his pulse and sighed a breath of release before getting up quickly to make a five minute break to change into her only other pair of clean clothes (the others needed washing still) some black biker shorts, a large white t-shirt and trainers. She also cleaned herself and put her hair into a messy bun before going back to newt.

 She also cleaned herself and put her hair into a messy bun before going back to newt

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- I love but hate this chapter, poor newt :(

- I know the outfit isn't accurate but lets just pretend yeah? the shirt covers her shorts so its like wearing an extremely baggy dress.

- Next chapter may get a little deep as there will be talk as to why Newt did what he did :(((

- Drink water and go eat something, get rest if you need it and stay stunning my lovelies <3