84. All Mine

Ace POV

When early morning came, I awoke and blinked a few times as I attempted to shake away my drowsiness.

How long has it been since the last time I was able to sleep so well?

I felt so comfortable, in fact, that I almost felt like falling back asleep all over again, which was something quite rare for me these days.

For a moment, I was confused as to where I was, but then I slowly began to recognize the soft, baby blue wallpaper and the gentle white decor of the room.

...It was her room.

Gently, as to not shake the bed, I turned my body and laid my eyes on the sleeping beauty in front of me.

Her loose, airy blue hair spread across her pillow and her full lips were slightly opened as she slowly breathed in and out—without a single hint of danger.

I don't know how long I stared at her for.

All I knew was that, no matter what I did, I wasn't able to draw my eyes away from her.

I was curious.

What will she look like when she wakes up?

Using my curiosity as a poor excuse, I laid there, unable to move an inch as if I were hypnotized, as I watched Cordelia sleep peacefully.

Did she know how much the very sight of her affected me?

Did she know how much my heart wanted her and her alone?

If I could touch her, kiss her, perhaps even embrace her, I would.

I would hold onto her and never let her go.

But I was deathly afraid that she would pull away from me and reject me...that she would hate me.

Living without Cordelia would be much worse than death—it would be a life sentence of pain.

Eventually, the whisps of morning light began to flow through the windows and land on her thin eyelids.

She stirred and groaned slightly from discomfort.

Almost as if though my body were moving on its own, I immediately shielded her from the pesky light.

Slightly irritated that the sun had the audacity to bother Cordelia in the middle of her sleep, I lifted a few shadows from the ground and covered the windows with them using my magic.

Ah...What in the world was I doing...?

"...cold..."

Suddenly, Cordelia began to murmur in her sleep and she quivered a little at the disappearance of sunlight.

I was utterly conflicted as to what to do next.

She turned a little in her sleep, facing me, and she curled into a small pitiful ball to warm herself up again.

I didn't quite understand it, but her small actions were enough to make my heart melt against my control.

She was like a sleeping cat, who didn't know how intriguing and adorable it looked when it slept.

Ah...I'm such a hopeless man...

Hopeless.

Also stupid.

And very insane.

"...hmm...warm..." she whispered very quietly as she moved her way closer to me.

My entire body stiffened the moment she wrapped her small arm around my body and I was starting to question what I had done to deserve something like this.