butterflies and glitter

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"and you just found them lounging around in the studio?" stasie questioned once julie had concluded the story of her and the phantoms.

"yes, that's exactly what happened." julie nodded, "do you believe me?"

"i kinda have to." stasie shrugged, "or would you rather me assuming they're part of my imagination."

"i say you should believe me." julie nodded as she opened her room door. much to her dismay, she was greeted with the trio of ghosts she had just been discussing, "what are you doing in my room?"

"oh, they seem to be everywhere." stasie furrowed her eyebrows.

"uh..."

"um..."

"we were looking for the kitchen?" luke lied with a shrug.

"this... this can't happen. it's creepy." julie explained, "get off my bed, please."

the raven-haired boy nodded and jumped off her bed, only for stasie to take his place.

"hey!" reggie frowned, "how come she-"

"hey, julie." luke interrupted him, "what's in the box?"

the two girls glanced over to him to see him pointing at a white ceramic box, hand-painted with flowers and leaves.

"that's off-limits." julie informed him.

luke chuckled, "oh. oh, okay." he turned to alex and then spoke in a high-pitched voice, "girl stuff."

"ohhh, like butterflies and glitter?" reggie asked.

"yeah, i'm pretty sure julie captured a butterfly or two and is keeping them hostage in that cute little box." stasie nodded.

"really?" luke dramatically gasped.

"oh, come on." alex scoffed, he seemed to be the only rational one out of the three, "i'm sorry about them."

"it's none of your business." julie declared, "and yes, there might be some glitter."

"hey!" alex laughed in surprise, a brown picture frame carefully sitting in his hands, "i actually picked something up." he brought it over to the bed and accidentally dropped in in stasie's lap, "i dropped it. sorry about that anastasia."

"it's okay."

"you know her name?" julie quizzed in slight bewilderment.

"yeah, she told us this morning." reggie explained.

julie turned to the girl, silently asking for an explanation.

stasie used her hand to cover the side of her mouth before muttering: "that's when i thought they we a part of my imagination."