Chapter four

I was overwhelmed.

24 hours ago I thought I was all alone on this world, and now I had a family. I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by one of the twins.

My ribs were on fire, I wanted to cry the pain away.

I couldn't, so my second option was to hold my breath hoping he would let go.

"Let go of her Ethan, you will crush the poor thing," I heard a voice say.

He pulled away, left his hands on my shoulder and looked me straight in the eyes. His honey brown eyes turned glossy, you could read so many emotions from them.

"Hey I'm Ethan, your favourite brother," he introduced himself with a goofy smile.

His personality made all my nerves fade away. After a minute of him looking at me, he let me go.

I realized I was surrounded by giants. All my brothers were like 6 ft 5 or something. I'm 5 ft 3, on the smaller side in normal standards.

I can thank Nick for that. The lack of nutrition has affected my height, not that I am complaining, it could be much worse.

"Hello sorellina, I'm Cole your second oldest brother," the man in the suit said.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled back. The scary one was next in line to introduce himself.

"Kayden, the third eldest." he said with a monotone voice.

He seemed on edge, it was like he was expecting to wake up from a nightmare at any moment. His shoulders were tense, his lips were in a thin line and his blue eyes seemed cold and distant.

It was as if my presence was a torment for him.

I looked at him, hoping to find an answer to why he seemed to hate me.

I was snapped out of my overthinking by the last person.

"I'm Ethan's twin Aiden." I turned my head to the brown haired boy, He was a copy of Ethan, but there was one difference.

Ethan was a bundle of joy, and Aiden, well he seemed a little lost. I couldn't read him like the rest. He was closed off, as if showing any emotion would physically hurt him.

"You're probably exhausted from such a long journey, why don't I show you your room," Cole suggested.

Now that the nerve wrenching moment was over, the adrenaline left my body and was soon replaced with fatigue. Cole took my bag from Isaac and gave me a sign to follow him upstairs.

"Why are you limping?" growled Aiden.

Shit shit shit.

"I sprained my ankle when I went for a morning run." The lie had left my lips before I realized it.

He seemed to be in conflict with himself, it looked like he was deciding whether to believe my lie or not.

Before he could ask more questions, I went upstairs. I totally forgot about my deformed ankle.

I refused to think of that horrible day again, the day my ankle was broken by him.

The pain faded after a few weeks, but it was never the same again. When I was tired or it was simply overloaded, I began limping to ease the pain. I guess I was too caught up in the moment to notice.

Cole opened the door to my new room. It was such a big space with a wall made of glass. The view was phenomenal, you could see the garden, the outside pool, the valley in which the city lays.