1.

The Evans family was a relatively regular muggle family. William Evans was a manager at the market and Anne Evans was working as a doctor at the small hospital in Cokeworth.

It was a dreary town, streets on end of identical brick houses, near a river filled with rubbish.

The population was small, being that the only remotely interesting thing about the town was the mill that no longer had any function.

But the town gained two more residents when Lily and Rose Evans were born in 1960, the first set of twins in ages.

They were identical, ginger hair, green eyes, just like their mother. The two were ordinary.

Until something strange happened. At just a month old, during a crying fit, Rose's hair changed to red, like the flower after she was named.

Initially, the parents were concerned, something must have been wrong with their child. But Anne was unable to find a single thing about a child's hair suddenly changing colours. It was as if it was magic.

Eventually, the two gave up and accepted that their daughter had some rare and unknown condition, everyone around them thought they were crazy.

As the two grew, Rose began showing off more of these strange abilities. When she was sad her hair would turn blue, happy lavender, shocked silver, and embarrassed, her hair would turn pink.

It had become somewhat normal for her, although her older sister, petunia, was quite jealous. How come Rose got to change her hair colour so often, and into such weird colours. They brushed her off.

Strangely, weirder things began to happen around the two. Flowers would bloom that were on the verge of death, a glass would explode, the paper would move on its own. It only seemed to happen to the two girls.

When they were nine and the cabinets had burst open after an argument with Petunia after Rose had turned her hand into a crab claw to mess with her, they were ordered outside to cool down, go for a walk.

"Rose, you know how she gets about that," Lily said, giving her twin a disappointed look, though there was a glint of humour in her eye.

"I know... but it was funny, though," Rose responded, laughing for a second time as the girls walked down the drab street, toward the only pretty thing in their town. The park.

Not many people visited the park. It sat just off the main road, with the only non-toxic ponds insight. A tree sat at the bottom of the small hill. The park was some of the only nature around them.

When they arrived at the park, Rose perked up, remembering something she had learned she could do.

"Lily! Watch this!" Rose called, hopping excitedly away so that Lily could get the effect. Her sister rolled her eyes, watching as the strange girl stood far away, facing her.

Rose closed her eyes in concentration and pulled up all the details she could remember about their year 5 teacher.

Lily gasped and Rose smirked, she knew it was working. The girl felt herself grow taller and taller, painlessly changing her appearance into that of Mrs. Hall.

"How on earth are you doing that?" Lily asked, shocked at what she was seeing.

"Now, now, Lily, is that any way to talk to your teacher?" Rose teased, opening her eyes. Her voice was a replica of the woman.