Chapter 13

*One day at a time*

*Third person Pov*

From the portal, thousands more of Chitauri soldiers and even more Levathians fly out. We look up, stunned at how many more there is, knowing the battle isn't over just yet.
"Guys," I say....
"Call it, Cap!" Tony suggested.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn in back or turn it to Ash," Steve ordered the two men.

They both leave and Steve looks at Leah, she  nods."Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow and down, you've got the lightning. Light those bastards up," She ordered Thor and then turned to Natasha, hulk and Steve.
"You two and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And hulk, smash."

Natasha, using the energy rifle, was taken off her feet by a Chitauri. Leah rushes over and tiresomely takes it down by cutting its throat. Natasha smiles at Leah, appreciating the help and grabs her gun to attack again. Cap stands there holding his shield, as Leah slumps back tired.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," natasha stated.
"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," cap answered. Leah furrowed her eyebrows snd looked at the two, stepping forward.
"Well, maybe it's not about guns" Leah commented, gesturing towards the flying chariots.

"You wanna get up there, your gonna need a ride," cap said confided on how she is gonna get there.
"I got a ride, I could use a lift though," She answered, tilting her head slightly. Leah steps back, giving herself a running start while Cap lifts and angles his shield.
"Are you sure about this?" Nat asked, concerned about her.
"Yeah, it's gonna be fun," leah smiled nervously.

Leah runs at Steve, and does a parkour move, using her feet to run up the car and jump on Caps shield, who gives her a boost with the shield. Leah grabs onto a flying chariots. She climbs onto it and cuts the turret shooter's linkage to it. She then jumps on the rider and sticks her pocket knives into his neverous system. She gets him to bank over a building.

* * *

*Time skip*

*Leah's Pov*

Still driving the chariot with the rider, I was hit at my side. I look around, wondering whose energy fire it was, and I looked behind me.
"Oh. You," Loki follows in hot pursuit. We race downward, trailing between buildings. We race madly, driving snd dodging.

I see Clint, and he looks at me astonishingly. "L', what are you doing?" Clint shouted, I heard him through my earpiece.
"Uh.... a little help!" I said, panicking slightly, through my earpiece.
I see Clint pull the trigger twice, nocks an arrow, and points at Loki smiling.
"I've got him," Clint commented.

Clint fires the arrow, and it streaks down the city, straight at Loki's head. Like a cat, Loki grabs the arrow straight out of the air, and looks and Clint smiling. The arrow explodes in Loki's face, crashing into the Stark Penthouse Pad.

I look down and building my momentum, I jump off the Chariot, landing on top of Stark Tower, where I live, rolling myself to the edge.

I walk up to the CMS machine and I seen Selvig, slumped down, weakened, looking at me desperately. The Tesseract's energy was firing towards the portal, gaining strength, at the surge of energy moving through the sky.

"Doctor."
"Loki's scepter, the energy, the Tesseract can't fight. You can't protect against yourself," Selvig stuttered.
"Its not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing," I comforted him, remembering Clint situation too.
"Well actually, I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source," he said, looking at the floor in shame.

"Loki's scepter."
"It might be able to close the portal," he looks away," and I'm looking right at it," he finished.

Selvig back in scientist mode, clacks away at his laptop and nods. I grab Loki's scepter, slowly breaking into the force field, almost touching the Tesseract.
"I can close it!" I call through comms.
"Do it!" Cap called.
"No wait!" I heard Tony say.
"Stark, these things are still coming!"
"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than three minutes. And I know just where to put it," Tony said seriously.

I see Tony flying the nuke towards the portal, I realise what he was doing. A suicide trip. I closed my eyes, not allowing the tears to fall. I couldn't lose my best friend. Not Tony. Not now. He flung himself through the portal, and his communications die. I could tell becsuse J.A.R.V.I.S informed me. (Me and Tony share an AI because we worked on J.A.R.V.I.S together.)

Just then, all of the Chitauri soldiers and Levathians kneel over and begin to shake, then stop, they all fall over. I look up, not sure if Tony will make it through. I was trying to wait as long as possible before I had to make the decision of closing the portal without Tony coming back. I cringed at the thought.

"Come on Stark..." I mumbled to myself.
"Close it.." Cap said to me through comms. Without hesitating, I pull the scepter out, the Tesseract turning off its energy beam. The portal quickly closed. I dropped to my knees, finally everything coming at me at once, realising I've just lost my bestfriend, the first person who ever treated me right after my traumatic life. My heart shattered, tears not hesitating to spill. I look up at the sky, a gasp escaping my mouth.

A small figure is hurled backwards into the open now closed portal. Tony, plummeting to the earth. He kept falling and falling down.

"He isn't stopping" I called through comms, as I made my way towards the rest of were the Avengers were stood. Banner, snags iron man out of the air, both crashing and sliding down a building. Hulk throws Tony off him. Me and Steve run over to him. Thor then comes over and rips his helmet off, revealing Tony's pale face. He appeared to be dead. I stood back in shock, my hand covering my mouth, as Natasha throws her arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a side hug. Then, the hulk yells in fury, the loud noise startling Tony awake.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me." I walked towards Tony, kneeling down and hugging him, him not declining the hug.

"We won!" I said in a happy tone.
"Alright, Hey. Alright. Good job guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever had shawarma? There's a shawarma joint around two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it," Tony suggested. Typical of him.

Thor looks up at Stark Tower," we are not finished yet."
"Loki," I commented, standing next to Thor.
"And then shawarma after!" Tony called after us.

* * *

Loki crawled onto the stairs, looking like a piece of shit ragged doll. He takes a few breathers, sensing someone behind him. He turns, finding me and the rest, the avengers, staring at him pissed.

"If its all the same to you...l have the drink now," he suggested, a slight grin on his face.
Me standing in the front, just scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

* * *

*Time skip*

Me and Tony unviel a new design for Stark Tower. When I noticed that all the letters had been swept away during battle, all that was left was an 'A'.

I walked over to Tony who was drinking champagne on the sofa, at the top of the Penthouse.

"Hey, we should make this the new Avengers Facility?" I suggested.
"Deal, you can have more than 12% of the credit this time!" Tony joked. I rolled my eyes at him, and joined him drinking some champagne aswell.

Word Count: 1361
Kiwi ~🥝