Chapter 14: Traveler

Your POV

~Timeskip, weeks later~

It's been weeks since I've been focusing my attention on the Fatui and watching Childe's movements and activities from afar. Doing trading with some merchants at Liyue and also help common folks address their personal concerns. Now, Zhongli invited me for lunch together with Childe. I invited Diluc to join us as well. I want him to meet Childe and know his thoughts about him after.

" A Fatui Harbinger at Liyue? " Diluc asked me and I nodded.

" Yeah, he's like Zhongli's best friend... Or maybe Zhongli's just using him for mora. " I told Diluc and he just crossed his arms and clicked his tongue.

" Tsk. I knew it, there was something weird about that Zhongli. His knowledge is beyond human, and now I just knew he's associated with the Fatui? Why didn't you tell me earlier? " Diluc asked me with a glare.

" Sorry... I was a little busy. " I told him and he just sighed.

" That Zhongli... For me, he's very difficult to read. But I feel there's something behind his humble and elegant demeanor. Don't let your guard down, he is associated with the Fatui after all. " Diluc warmed and I just nodded.

' If only you knew, Diluc. Zhongli might even be protecting you without you knowing it. ' I thought to myself.

" May the Lord of Geo guide you Diluc. " I said and he just shrugged it off.

" Let's just go. I cannot wait to see this Harbinger's face. " Diluc said and we left his tavern and went to the Restaurant.

" Good Morning Chef Mao, Xiangling. " I greeted him and Xiangling with a warm smile.

" Good Morning, Lady (y/n). Mr. Zhongli and Master Childe's been waiting for you. " He said and I nodded. Xiangling immediately dragged me.

" Why are you always surrounded by handsome guys!? " She asked and I just laughed at her.

" What? Too bad they're not food? " I asked Xiangling and we both laughed. Diluc immediately saw Zhongli, and of course Childe.

I looked at Diluc and chuckled. " Your ears are smoking, you haven't had Xiangling's spicy dish yet. " I told him, he just sighed and took a deep breath trying to control his temper.

" Hi, sorry we're a bit late. " I told Zhongli and sat beside him, Diluc just stood up and I heard him groaning.

" It's okay. Take a seat Diluc. " Zhongli said and sipped his tea.

" Hi! I'm Tartaglia, but you can call me 'Childe.' " Childe greeted Diluc with a smile and offered him a handshake. Diluc just glared at his hand and sat beside me.

" If I had to choose, between eating a living Cryo slime, or having a handshake with a Fatui... I'd rather be crushed by a meteorite. " Diluc said with a glare, I laughed a little yet covered my mouth immediately to stop myself from laughing.

" W-Well too bad Master Diluc! The special menu today is a Sweet and Spicy Condensed Cryo slime! With some extra fresh-picked Jueyun Chilis! " Xiangling yelled a little upset at what Diluc said. Diluc just groaned and ignored Xiangling.

I just forced myself to stop laughing, whenever I see Zhongli. Because I kept on remembering that he can summon a huge meteorite to wipe out hilichurls and other enemies.

" I wouldn't say that If I were you, Diluc. " Zhongli said and I burst laughing while Zhongli just kept on enjoying his tea. Diluc turned his gaze on Zhongli and glared at him.

" Diluc... I'm quite familiar with that name... Are you the owner of the biggest wine industry in Teyvat? " Childe asked him, Diluc didn't answer.

" Yes, Diluc Ragnvindr from Mondstadt. " I told Childe.