Chapter 14

*you only fail when you stop trying*

*Third person Pov*

"Tony, you are drunk again? Are you serious!?" Leah shouted, clearly very angry at Tony for his behaviour.
"Not thaaat much, just, maybe 2 bottles," Tony answered a smug look on his face. He stumbled over to Leah and was about to wrap his arms around her waist, but she furiously slapped him across the face.

"Leah! What the hell was that for!" A familiar voice shouted. Leah spun on her heel, and glared at the woman who walked into Tony's lab.
"He was about to hold me around my waist! Im not going to allow that!"
"He is drunk! Can you not tell!" The woman said. Tony sat down on his chair in amusement, seeing two woman argue.

"I can't believe you! That is no excuse! After everything I have done for him through the years! He think he can treat me like shit! You've known him for ages too, you should understand that too!?" Leah defended herself.
"Look, it isn't his fault-" before she could finish Leah cut her off sharply.
"PEPPER! LISTEN TO YOUR SELF! I am sorry that your love sick over this- this PLAYBOY! BUT I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS."

Pepper looks at Leah stunned. Knowing that she is right, but doesn't want to stick up for her.
"Sort yourself out," Leah said, turning to Tony." Both of you," she finished, walking out the lab.

Leah rushed to her room and started packing her things. Clothes, makeup and her phone charger. She didn't know where she was going, but Leah left anyway, walking around the gloomy, peaceful night of Malibu.

* * *

Leah had been walking for hours and decided to sit in a local coffee shop. There was only 1 or 2 people in there because it was 10:30pm. She sighed and took a sip of her tea, scrolling through social media. Leah was going to book a hotel room since she had no were else to go, and she didn't have the patience to go back home to Tony. She sent him a long detailed paragraph of her quitting being his stupid assistant.

Just then, her phone started ringing. It was Steve.

"Hey Steve what's up?"
"What? Am I not allowed to call my bestfriend to see how she is doing?"
"Hmm, it's 10:30 though?"
"And its 1:30am back in New York."
"Can't sleep can you?"
"No, your the best person to speak to. Your my closest friend L'."
"Well, I'll keep you company, I'm scared to walk around in the dark anyway."

Leah wasn't planning on telling Steve what happened, and her eyes widened when she realised she slipped up.

"What do you mean? Leah is everything okay?"
"(Sigh) I quit being Tony's assistant....he keeps treating me like crap, getting drunk, using me, and even worse, pepper is getting in the way of everything. I needed to escape. I'm not planning on going back."
"Well instead of waisting your money on a hotel, I have a spare bedroom, and extra keys, be my roomie until you are ready to get your own place? How does that sound?"
"Oh Steve, I don't know. I don't want to intrude."
"Nonsense, you need me to pick you up?"
"Fine, but how about, since its late, for both of us, I go and book a one night stay at a hotel, and I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Its a deal! Thanks Leah, actually thankyou."
"No, thankyou, you have nothing to thank me for!"
"I really need a friend at the moment, and I've missed you to much, so yes, thankyou for agreeing! Message me if you need me!"
"Okay! Bye Steve, and thankyou, I missed you too."

The two soon hung up the phone and Leah went and got a 5 star hotel room, and went straight to sleep. She was to tired from the events from today.

Word Count: 653
Kiwi ~🥝