A part of something bigger

"It's bigger than we always thought." I pant as I feel arms trying to hold me up.

"What does that mean? Y/n? What did you hear?" Steve asks from my side.

I shake my head. It's impossible. I freeze. Or was it?

"What happened between 2011 and 2012?" I ask, my breathing lightening up.

They all meet each other's gaze and Tony looks at me. "Battle of New York... why?"

I stand from my chair, my legs still wobbly and move toward the holographic screen. My fingers move swiftly as images from the battle pop up. I swipe through the image until I spot one. A man stood on a small flying boat as he rained fire down on the street. The man was the same one as the man I saw in the device.

"Here" I say and enhance the image and flip it for them to see.

Their faces turn to anger, except Thor. He looks at the ground.

"Anyone care to hell me who that is?" I ask.

"It's impossible. He's dead." Thor says solemnly.

"Who is he?" I question him again.

"My brother. Loki of Asgard. God of mischief." He says as he crosses his arms and looks back up.

I shake my head. "Well don't know if this is good news or bad, but he is most definitely alive." I confirm.

"Why did you even think of 2011 and 2012?" Sam asks.

I look over at him. "If I kept track of time right, that's when HYDRA acquired the necessary things to start experimenting on me." I sigh.

They all look away and I chuckle. I hated reminiscing about my HYDRA days, but sometimes it was needed.

I sit back into my chair.

"What did he say to you?" Thor asks.

I just look away. "Not much. He asked who I was, if I was udhar, and if I was from Earth. He said nothing about plans of any kind." I explain, trying to think back. "So hold on, your brother, Loki he's a god, like Thor?"

I get some nods.

"Dude is the most annoying person i've ever met." Tony pipes in.

Thor shoots him a glare then turns back to me. "You're sure he's alive?"

I laugh. "Well seeing as I had to blast him to keep him away from me, yea i'm sure he's alive."

"This would not be the first time Loki has cheated death." Thor informs everyone.

"So Loki is working with HYDRA?" Nat asks.

I shrug. "It seems so? Your guess is as good as mine."

————————————————————————
~At a HYDRA base somewhere in Russia~

A blue electric portal opens on a pedestal. The smoke clears to show a man in leather with a staff in hand. Everyone in the room was watching and several people rushed into the room. One being the boss man.

The man; Loki, scowls at the people below. He bangs his staff on the ground and hop to the floor. He walks toward the man in charge and stops.

"The girl, the one who you experimented on, she is no longer with your side?" He asks harshly.

"She... I-... We tried to get her back but she escaped. We thought she was dead until just today sir." He says nervously.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT." Loki screams in his face.

He starts pacing the large room. "NOW I HAVE TO DO EVEN MORE TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL." He angrily shouts.

He stops abruptly. "Unless..." He turns back to the doctor and smiles. "Well this might prove to be in our favor."
————————————————————————
~back at the tower~

Fury had left several hours ago and now we were all sitting around the couch. I had a bottle of beer in my hand.

"We can never catch a break can we?" I ask through a laugh.

Several of them raise there glasses and most agree.

"I suggest a team training day tomorrow." Tony suggests. "Last time Loki came to town it took too long to take him down. Plus i've updated my training systems." He says in between drinks. "I'll invite peter!" He says giddily.

I forgot about the kid. "Should we get the kid involved?" I ask.

"Hey, say what you want about him but kid is strong as hell." Bucky says.

I laugh and reach for the remote in front of me. I grab the remote and turn on the tv, I flip through the channels until I find music. I turn it up almost all the way and stand up. I start dancing around the room and getting into the music.

I pause for a moment to see them all staring. I roll my eyes and shout over the music "Cmon! Don't be bums!"

I grab Nat and Wanda and make them stand. They start dancing with me and that was all we needed to convince the boys to stand.

I look around me as my hair whips around. A moment of no stress. There was no pressure to fight or do the right thing. No lives on the line. Just people. People who needed to live and just breathe every now and then.

What we didn't know was the threat looming just days away.

Last update: 02/05/21 8:31pm

Hello! Kind of a shorter chapter but this is the second one for today! ooooo. I had a lot of free time :)

Love you all!