10: Arrival

"Looking a bit lost there, eh?"

             Guinevere was once again pacing around her room, caused by anxiety for the events that were soon to take place

Grant was arriving today, and for some reason, seeing her brother was making her nervous.

Today was quite a gloomy one indeed, caused by the cold weather and the emptiness of the house. The usual chatter that would fill up the air was absent, as the three of them were left alone.

Guinevere checked the window, looking for any signs of Grant's arrival, slumping when he was nowhere to be found.

She was about to draw the drapes again, when she saw a dark figure pop out from the shadows. Even from a distance, she recognized the familiar stance and shape.

Grant.

----------

Grant huffed as he looked around the empty street, the cold wind blowing against his face.

He has never been to Grimmauld place before, as his parents only sent his older sisters there as a punishment. His parents valued him too much to send him there.

He didn't exactly know what he's looking for, Grant looked down at the parchment where the address is written, starting to think that he had apparated to the wrong place. He skimmed the place once more, only finding a row of lonely houses and a few pigeons frolicking on the street.

Grant walked further into the street, inspecting the row of houses. Each one had an aura of gloom, which was intensified by the effect of the bitter weather.

He squinted at the numbers attached to the front of the houses, hoping that the number he was looking for was amongst them.

10, 11, 13...

Wait, what?

Confused, Grant counted again and saw that number 12 was missing. He squinted again, thinking he must've missed it but it wasn't there.

Grant turned to look around, not knowing why he felt the need to, but searched the area for a number 12.

"Looking a bit lost there, eh?" A voice started from behind him making Grant quickly pull his wand out, pointing it at the speaker.

Remus held his hands up in surrender, raising his eyebrows. "Sorry, thought you might've appreciated a bit of help," He said carefully.

Grant raised his eyebrow, not lowering his wand. He was taught to be alert, especially at times like these, he knew he can't go around lowering his guard.

"Where did we first meet?" Grant asked coldly, ready to hex him, if ever he was an imposter.

"Your safe place, the Juniper tree." Remus answered calmly, making Grant lower his wand but not his guard.