Six

Everyone assembled into the Great Hall in anticipation of the name draw

Everyone assembled into the Great Hall in anticipation of the name draw. Maddie sat with Caroline by her brothers and his friends. Blaise was shooting daggers from the Slytherin table with Draco at Caroline feeling nearly betrayed. Caroline flipped them off from across the room and turned her full attention on her friend. That didn't stop Ron from giving dirty looks to the back of her head.

Maddie sat silently besides Caroline biting her nails. She was biting so much that she was sure she was now picking the skin off. Her anxious state was getting the best of her, stupid Cedric why did you have to put your name in the cup?

Dumbledore came into the room calming everyone down. He quickly made everyone sit and stay quiet while the professors filed in. The students filled the room in anticipation of who would be the champion from each of their schools.

Cedric sat with his Hufflepuff friends from his own year, the friends who supported his decision and pushed for him to do it. He couldn't be upset with his two best friends, he knew where they were coming from. Especially Maddie they had been through so much together since she had been sorted into the house.

Dumbledore dimmed the fire in the Great Hall. Everyone looked in amazement of the magic that came from his own two hands. They all turned their attention to the blue flame coming from the Goblet of Fire. They all waited in anticipation of who's name would first come out of the flame. The flame quickly turned red and a piece of paper flew out.

He caught it in his hand and flipped it over, "the Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." Cheering ensued as Krum high-fived his friends. He stood up confidently and walked to Dumbledore, they shook hands and he stood in front of everyone.

The flame turned red again throwing out another name, "the champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." He announced, everyone clapped once again. The Beauxbation's cheered for her as Fleur smiled and quickly got up. She held herself with a high power in front of everyone. She shook Dumbledore's hand and found her way next to Krum.

Maddie's heart increased every step Fleur made. She prayed to god that Ced's name wasn't scribbled on the next piece of paper. The paper shot out of the flame and Dumbledore caught it instantly, "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!"

Maddie's world went slow, the cheering around her felt muffled. Caroline's leg finally stopping bouncing up and down, her hand instantly went to Maddie's shoulder. The girls shared a look as he happily walked to Dumbledore.

"Th-this can't be happening." Maddie whispered in complete shock.

"Holy shit." Caroline responded.

Max looked at his sister with concern wrapping his arm around her shoulders. He pulled her close for comfort, she was stunned. "Maddie he's going to be fine." Parker tried to reassure.

"We now have our three champions!" Dumbledore exclaimed.

The Gryffindors sat around Maddie were entirely confused. Hermione tapped Caroline, "is everything okay?" She asked.