10 | New Feelings, Old Memories

Vikrant :

She slowly released me from her hug, as I did the same and looked at me in the eye.

"I don't think I can thank you enough.", she said, there was moisture in her eyes and her face glowed.

I suddenly realised how extremely beautiful she looked.

"You don't need to thank me at all. You are talented, it's your capability that made me do this.", I said trying to regain my composure.

"Thanks for giving me the confidence. For calling me the best.", she said, her perfect brown eyes seemed like an immense ocean I wanted to take a dip in.

"You deserved it.", I said as she smiled.

"You want to eat? It's around twelve thirty anyways.", she asked as I looked at my watch.
"Erm.. I will eat from the canteen, why would you bother-"

"I have got some extra food. You can have. Take a seat, and we can eat together.", she said as I noticed the white bag that she had got.

She pulled out two tiffin boxes from inside it.

I sat on the recliner opposite to hers.
"I don't know what you Richie Rich people eat... I got chapatis and egg curry - because my brother Vishal says I make that best.", she said placing the boxes on the table.

She pushed one towards me and sat back on the recliner.

She opened hers like a small kid during her tiffin break.
I stared at her as she started eating her Chapati with the egg curry which was in a smaller box inside the tiffin box.

"Are you just going to stare at me, Sher Khan?", she asked as I immediately looked at my box and opened it.

I took and first morsel of food made by her, and it was delicious!
Literally the best homemade food that I ever had!

"Woman you're such a good cook!", I said immediately taking another bite.

"Am I?", she asked smiling.
"Of course.. It's been so long since I had good food.", I said eating.

..

Simran :

I looked at the Shark - Vikrant Suryavanshi eat like a small boy. The same way a school kid would eat his tiffin when mamma sent something good.

I couldn't help but smile at him.

That hug, though unintentional had been so warm and now this. He had caused me pain, the wound was still there, but I didn't know why I felt it was all just a shell.

A shell to push everyone away because he was vulnerable.

I drew in a deep breath as I took a bite.

I had cooked this morning - breaking another of his rules.
"No family member can enter the kitchen."

Let alone realising that, he was so fond of the food I had made. I almost regretted the hate I had been keeping for him.
He maybe harsh and rude, but not a bad man.

"Why did you not have good food?", I asked as he looked him.
He was already done with the chapatis, only the curry and egg was left.

"I had.. Five years ago..", and then he fell silent.
"Five years ago?", I asked as I looked at him - interested.

"I had someone in my life.. She would cook for me, and take care of me.", he said as he cleared his throat.
"Then?", I asked concentrating on the tense lines that appeared on his forehead.

"Then.. Nothing.. We stayed together for sometime and then parted ways. I was irritated with certain things, so was she. It was a week before the marriage.", he said, trying to sound frank.

I memory from my past hit me sharply as I looked at Manav's tattoo on my finger.

It was a modified tattoo. A tattoo that was overwritten on something else.

I drew in a sharp breath.

"Nevermind.", I said trying to sound normal as he smiled, through his pain which was visible in his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll cook for you from now on.", I said with a smile.

"Thanks.", he said going back to eating.
After he was done he sat back with a smile, "Well how does breaking another rule feel?", he asked with a sarcastic smile.

I was also done with my food.

"Glorious.", I said with a smirk.

He looked at me and smiled.
"You broke an useless rule. I forgive you for that.", he said.

"Feeling blessed.", I replied sitting back, and suddenly for some reason I did feel blessed.

He stood up.
"I should go now.", he said as he looked at me.
I stood up too.

"You mind a good bye hug?", I asked as he looked at me strangely.

I realised how lame I sounded and I was about to say sorry when he walked down to me and wrapped his arms around me, tightly.

There was this strange kind of comfort that I felt when he touched me. It was almost weird, but I loved this feeling.

I hugged him back tightly as I shut my eyes.
"Thank you for the food.", he said as he released me.
We stood so close before each other. There was a different glow on his face, a happy glow. I loved it!

"You're welcome.", I said as he nodded and turned to leave.

"Bye Sher Khan.", I said as he smiled at me.

"Meet you soon Simran.", and he left.

I sat back on the recliner feeling a gush of happiness when there was a message on my phone - that wiped my smile in seconds,

"Didn't know you lied to me. I trusted you. Your husband messaged me.

From Manav"

...

Twist coming super soon!!