38.

Trigger warning - Mentions of self harm.

Song of the Chapter: Demons by Joji

Malory's POV

      It's been a few weeks since I last did it and that gave me a sliver of hope that he wouldn't even notice. I thought I could pull my arm back quick enough and because the redness has faded the only thing he'd see is the black ink.

    But the second he looks down I know. His face immediately goes from angry to confused. All of the frustration in his cheeks moves up to his eyes, leaving the whiteness a pinkish red.

    Right as I pull away the door swings open and our attention is pulled to Blaise. Even though I can tell something is wrong, I'm relieved that Draco and I's conversation is coming to an end.

                     "What the fuck now?!" Draco huffs.

         Blaise catches his breath. "It's Potter, he's telling everyone you did it."

     I try to make eye contact with Draco but he moves right past me and storms up the stairs to the common room. Blaise gives me a worried look.

                             "Are you alright?" He asks.

      I swallow hard and nod. "I'm going to go make sure he doesn't rip Harry's head off."

      Instantly when I exit the common room I'm surrounded by dozens of students in a large huddle. Their attention is on whatever is happening in the center and I'm pretty positive I know exactly what it is.

                "You like spreading rumors, Potter?" I hear Draco shout.

      I push my way past the crowds of people and stare down at Draco on top of Harry. There's blood on Harry's face, meaning Draco's already got a few punches in. Luckily Blaise decided to follow me and manages to pull Draco off easily.

        "I'm not spreading lies, Malfoy!" Harry says while getting up off the ground. "I saw you at The Three Broomsticks!"

Before either one of them can hit each other again I put myself in the middle.

      "Harry, there were lots of people at The Three Broomsticks this evening," I snap. "Did Katie actually tell you that Draco cursed her?"

      The corridor gets quiet and Harry shakes his head.

           "Alright well until she does, I suggest you keep your fucking mouth shut."

     Aary joins the middle of the circle and laughs when she sees Harry's face.

                 "You're lucky I wasn't here 30 seconds ago." She mumbles.

      Harry uses his shirt to wipe the blood pouring out of his nose and that's everyone's signal to spread apart. At the end of the day no one really cares about who did what, they just want to see a good fight.

         "Fucking git," Draco huffs while rubbing his knuckles. "If I hear you spreading anymore shit, I'll tell Weaselbee what you and his little sister did together at the last Slytherin party!"

       My head meets with my palm when I hear Draco shout those words down the hall. It's not that I care about Ron and Harry's friendship, it just seems unnecessary. Especially because we have much more important things to be worried about.

         Ron snaps his head back towards us, then glares at Harry.

                  "What the fuck did you and Ginny do?!" He growls.