Chapter Twenty One

Pierce~

After discussing logistics with Hunter, he gave them the green light to carry out their plan and agreed to send Slater and Kincaid to stay the night at Declan's with Natalie and Lexi as a precaution and added peace of mind.

Caleb and Marcus had already left, agreeing to meet them at Knight and allowing them time to explain the situation to Natalie and Lexi who were still completely unaware of the plan that was unfolding.

"Alright Hollywood, now comes the hard part." Declan declared, squeezing him on the shoulder.

Pierce's brows lowered in confusion.

"Telling them that we are about to go put ourselves in danger." Declan said as he motioned with his head toward the window at Natalie and Lexi.

"But this is going to be a cake walk, Boss."

"Sure, you and I know that, but they don't."

Pierce looked at Natalie and felt a sudden gnawing in his gut. He never wanted to worry her or scare her especially over something that was going to be such an easy task for the team.

"We can tell them together."

"Thanks, Boss. I'm still getting used to all this."

Both men headed inside and sat down on the couch on either side of Natalie and Lexi.

Reading Declan's expression instantly, Lexi sat up a little straighter and turned to face him.

"What's wrong?" she asked immediately.

"Well we've got good news and bad news, which do you two want first?"

Natalie turned and searched Pierce's face as she realized the bad news was intended for her as well.

"Bad news. Lead with the bad news first so we'll know it gets better." Lexi answered as she tightened her hold on Natalie's hand.

"Nate found an address for Estrada's men who came after Natalie today." Declan said letting the women process his words.

"And you guys are going after them." Lexi finished for him in a statement instead of a question.

"When?" Natalie asked.

"In just a few minutes. Slater and Kincaid are coming to stay the night here with you two and we'll  leave as soon as they get here." Pierce answered trying to get a read on Natalie's emotions.

"What's the good news?" Natalie asked.

"The good news is this is going to be quick and easy. Estrada's men aren't expecting us and are going to be out-manned and out-gunned. Easy work for the team." Declan said confidently.

"Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" Lexi asked, before she and Declan went around the corner to their bedroom leaving Pierce and Natalie on the couch.

Natalie's gaze was focused on the blankets in front of her and it was obvious that she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Talk to me Nat." he said, running his hand up and down her leg.

"You have killed lots of people haven't you?" Natalie's question caught him off guard, but he schooled his expression and answered her honestly.

"Yes."

"People who are way worse than the men who followed me today?"

She's trying to assess how much danger I'm about to put myself in.

"Hundreds times worse than these guys. They are just hired thugs who ran scared when they heard my name."

She nodded along with his words as she accepted them with her focus still down at the blankets, before raising her head and meeting his concerned gaze.