-3.1 fallout

chapter thirty-one!

"MIGUEL!" screamed Alex, now wide awake, her voice filled with panic and fear. Hearing the loud crash of his body hitting the ground made a involuntary whimper leave her mouth. The few teens who hadn't already, stopped in their tracks— the pain in her voice making them freeze. Some kids stared with sympathy and guilt— realizing a moment too late that there was absolutely no way that this hurt girl was anything like the rumor that they had believed. Others, however, stepped backwards in fear that the assumed psycho was going to burst.

She didn't, though. She felt herself clumsily run down the stairs to where Miguel was, Samantha right on her heels. And while Sam did care about her ex-boyfriend, part of her was more concerned about what her best friend was going to do. Alex fell to her knees, Hawk beside her with Sam standing to the side. Sad sobs escaping, Alex reached for Miguel's hand with her own; ignoring the paramedics trying to push her back. She felt strong arms wrap around her shaking, bloody figure— arms that belonged to Hawk. He was trying to calm her down so the paramedics could help her too, seeing as the knife wounds were still spilling out blood, but she remained hysterical. She struggled against Hawk's hold as she saw Miguel get lifted onto a stretcher and rolled quickly away. A small part in the back of her mind wondered about Robby— she hadn't seen him run away, so she was wondering how he felt. She was so sure that he didn't mean to hurt Miguel, that this was all just an accident. How has everything gone so wrong?

She felt Hawk lift her off the ground, wrapping an arm around her waist to help stabilise her. She felt another arm wrap around her other side; Sam's. Together, the two pulled Alex over to one of the other ambulances; there were quite a few, seeing as whoever called the police didn't know exactly how many people were injured. Out of her slightly blurred vision, she saw a medic rush towards them, obviously taking sight of the large blood stains on her shoulder and side.

"No, no," protested Alex, pulling away when Hawk tried to pass her over to the lady. "Help Miguel, he needs it more than I do. I'm fine, I'm fine. Please, help Miguel."

The pleads did nothing, however, as the woman, who's name tag read Dr. Watson— which normally would've made Alex laugh at the unintentional Sherlock reference, but in these circumstances Alex didn't even notice— shook her head and reassured Alex that Miguel was getting taken care of. Alex didn't notice, however, as she continued to mutter on about Miguel. Another paramedic had already grabbed Sam when they saw the gashes on her arm, leaving just Hawk to stay with her.

"She's in shock," Dr. Watson explained to Hawk, who nodding quickly.

"But you can fix her, right?" he asked, his voice harsh— as if it was more of a threat than a question. The doctor nodded, surprisingly not intimidated by Hawk's rough demeanor.

"Yes, but we need to go ahead and get her to the hospital. You can ride along if you'd like."

Only a few minutes later she passed out— the pain and exhaustion being too much for the girls body to handle. Hawk did ride in the ambulance with her, not missing the look that Casey gave him before the doors of vehicle shut. Anger. Not towards him, but towards the kids of Miyagi-Do. Hawk felt the exact same way. Miyagi-Do Karate has put two of his best friends in the hospital. They deserved everything they got, and everything that's coming for them.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Alex woke up a few hours later, wires hooked up to her; connecting her to a machine. It beeped steadily, her heart rate having had slowed down in the time that she was out. Attempting to sit up a bit more, a sharp pain shot through her arm and down her side. Without the adrenaline from before, the pain hit all at once—making her hiss. The doctor from before walked in, not seeming surprised that Alex was awake. She had a clipboard in her hand and for a moment, Alex thought she was in a movie. It was a bizarre thought and was probably a side affect of all of the drugs they were likely pumping into her veins, but she thought that she transported into a different dimension when she passed out and was now in a hospital show like Grey's Anatomy or Chicago Med. TV doctors always have clipboards.