CHAPTER 02

"Good morning, Doc," My assistant greeted me, I just nodded my head as an answer and entered my office.

Two days na simula nung lumabas kami ni Maxine and as usual after that hang out I became busier than ever. Hindi ko makayanang tumunganga lang maghapon sa loob ng condo ko. Pakiramdam ko mababaliw ako kapag wala akong ginagawa kaya palaging mas minamabuti kong pagurin na lamang ng husto ang katawan at sarili ko.

I won't deny that my conversation with Max that day really got into my mind. She's right. The love that I am calling isn't healthy for me anymore. I'm torturing myself with pain and I'm trapping myself with our past.

And, I think she was also right when she said that I'm assuming things. Totoo nga naman ang sinabi niya. Umalis si Jasmine nang hindi ko man lang alam kung pareho ba kami ng nararamdaman o hindi. Hindi ko alam kung mahal o minahal niya nga rin ba ako ng higit pa sa pagiging matalik na magkaibigan.

I feel so dumb for knowing nothing about her feelings and most of all for knowing nothing about her reasons why she left me so sudden. Nakakapagod rin pala yung ganito. Yung hindi mo alam kung sa'n ka tutungo kase para kang batang nawawalang hindi alam ang tamang direksyon pauwi sa sarili mong tahanan.

And lastly, I can't help but to feel guilty everytime I'm thinking how bad I am for treating Allison the way she doesn't deserve.

Allison Shal Cruz has been my fiancè for almost two and half years now. My parents and her parents fix this fucking engagement.

Allison came from a well known family here in the country. Her Dad owns international airlines and corporations. Allison is an only child so basically she's the sole heir of the Cruz.

Our engagement happened two years ago when her Dad had a big debt to my Dad. I don't know what exactly happened to them but it's like a bomb explode inside of my ear when they say I'm marrying Allison.

Allison isn't that bad. Actually all the good traits of a good woman are already in her. She's kind, caring, understanding, responsible and I won't deny that she's incredibly gorgeous too. She's a flight attendant and a private pilot. And she's already helping her Dad to run their airlines and other companies.

Kung tutuusin hindi siya mahirap mahalin. Mahirap lang talagang turuan ang pusong kumalimot ng tao at magmahal ng bago. Nagpakawala ako ng malalim na buntong-hininga at napailing na lamang.

I pressed the intercom to call my assistant.

"Doc?" She immediately asked when she opened the door.

"Start na tayo para matapos din agad." I said and stood up to put on my doctor suit-coat.

She nodded and went out again to get the papers or rather I say the records of my patients and put them on my table. I sat down to read and review all of them. Maya-maya pa ay nagsimula na akong mag-check up.

Two patients nalang ta's tapos na ako. Humingi muna ako ng 10 minutes break dahil nararamdaman ko na ang pagkapagod ko. Nag-uunat-unat ako ng bigla nalang nag-ingay ang phone ko, indikasyon na may tumatawag kaya tiningnan ko ito at nakita kong si Mommy ang phone caller. Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago ito sinagot.

"Yes, Mom?"

"[Hello, Sweetie,]" She sweetly uttered.

"Do you need anything, Mommy?" I politely asked.

"[Sweetie… Allison is coming home, fetch her later.]" Walang paligoy-ligoy nitong wika.

Napakagat ako sa ibabang labi ko at saglit na nag-isip. Wala rin naman akong magagawa. Kahit tumanggi ako ay papagalitan lang din ako kaya walang ring ibang choice kundi ang pumayag.