T H I R T Y E I G H T

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my back and a heavyweight on my chest.

I looked down to see princess Asleep on my chest with her hair was tossed around while her hand was right above my wound making sure I wasn't directly sleeping on it since I did not wear a shirt today.

In a way, it warmed my heart.

It made me feel warm at the way she cares, she always did small things, but things that valued. I every moment I spent with her was one that made me feel like I belonged, and I welcomed it. It's weird to put it in words but I crave to belong, maybe it's because I am an orphan with no parents but my only wish is to belong.

Belong to someone.

When my dad died I spent a lot of time resenting my mom, why did she leave us? Weren't we enough for her? Was I a bad kid?

But with time, I learned that I'll never know maybe that's why I know how Sierra feels. I understand why she blames herself, even when she's done absolutely nothing wrong.

One of the reasons I resented Mary, initially was because of this. I don't stand in a position to question her but I want to, I hold grudges. I hold grudges because she never anything. Of course, I'm grateful that she was always there for princess but why did she never try to help princess run away? Ah didn't she report to the police? Why didn't she do something?

Why did she decided to stand back, look at princess suffer and then later help her heal? Why not protect for once and for all?

The questions were unending and so were my thoughts, I know princess loves Mary, like her mother, but princess is after all...princess.

She'll never blame anyone, she'll never question anyone and at the same time, how could she even think of question someone who is like a mother to her.

I understand princess, but as someone whose seeing this from a third-person perspective, I feel bothered and protective.

Protective because this is my life we are talking about.

My princess.

I looked down to see Sierra open her eyes and look back at me, she made no effort to get up and neither did I.

We enjoyed each other's company, and I decided that now was the time.

I'll tell her, what I plan on doing next.

I ignored the pain in my back muscles and started running my hands through princesses long brown locks.

"yesterday, when I went to visit those monsters, I also talked with my lawyer" I started and maintained strong eye contact with princess, I needed to let her know that she succeeded.

I needed to let her know, she won.

"Your father, I have filed more than ten different legal charges against him ranging from fraud, misrepresentation, stealing and malpractices to abuse and harassment. As for Harry, he's going in for life imprisonment, I made sure of that."

I said, giving the outline of where our conversation was heading as princess kept staring at me intently.

I took a deep breath and continued, "the company, your dad's company, it's bankrupt and there are two options. One, I seize all the profits or two, I revive it. The papers you s-stole, they proved that the designs your dad was using weren't actually his own."