017

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter seventeen:thanksgiving !

chapter seventeen:
thanksgiving !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA, A SMALL smile stretched across her face, played the intro to Start of Something New on the piano at rehearsal before Thanksgiving break. That smile was there because she just couldn't help it every time she looked at Ricky. Especially when he was singing his heart out to High School Musical songs with Nini. There seemed to be no bad blood between them anymore. And, finally, Athena thought everything was falling into the right places.

"I know," Nini and Ricky sang together, stepping towards each other.

"That something has changed," Nini voiced by herself.

Both of them looked up as a ladder was carried over them. "Never felt this way."

"But right here tonight."

"This could be the start of something new." Nini and Ricky both stepped onto boxes while the dancers around them began to perform choreography, which included Violetta with a headlight, twirling a disco ball around in her hand. "It feels so right to be here with you, oh. And now.

"Looking in your eyes," Nini continued, gesturing for one of the dancers to flip her sign the other way. "I feel in my heart."

"Feel in my heart," Ricky added, making Athena's smile widen as her and Gina, who was sitting on top the piano, shared a happy look with each other.

"The start of something new," Nini and Ricky harmonized.

"Oh, yeah. Now who would've ever thought that, oh."

"We'd both be here tonight."

Athena looked up from the piano again only to see Big Red shining a flashlight on Violetta the disco ball. She blinked and decided to just focus on the sheet music so she wouldn't mess up the song by laughing.

"Ooh," Ricky sang.

Nini went next. "Yeah, and the world looks so much brighter."

"Brighter, brighter."

"With you by my side."