Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2

The Battle of New York Pt 2

~~~

"Let's go!" Steve shouts and we run to the group of Chitauri. I watch as Natasha easily takes them down and she smiles when she sees me looking at her. I chuckle to myself and starts shooting at the creatures.

Three run up to me and I kick the closest one. It flies back and Steve hits it with his shield. The other two approach me at the same and I swipe my sword cutting both of their heads off.

I hear screaming and I turn to see a woman and a child against a car. A Chitauri is slowly approaching them. I quickly run over and grab the creature. "Romanoff!" I shout as I throw it into the air.

Natasha takes her guns out and shoots at it and it falls to the ground dead. "Ma'am, I am going to help you and your daughter," I tell the women and she nods rapidly, "Come with me."

The woman and child follow closely behind me and I kill every Chitauri in my way. "Go to the subway. There are officers there with other civilians," I tell the women.

"Thank you," she tells me quickly as her a her daughter rush down the stairs behind me. I run back towards Natasha and Steve when a shield comes flying towards me. I put my gun in my holster and quickly move out of the way.

I hear it hit the object behind me then it flies pass me into Steve hands and I shove my sword backwards into the Chitauri's stomach. "Hot," I hear Natasha say and I smile as I kick the creature off my weapon.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask Natasha as I walk up to her.

I notice blood on her lip and forehead. I place my hand on her cheek and she leans into my touch. "I'll be okay," she tells me and I nod.

"Alright, enough love birds," Steve says making Natasha and I quickly pull apart.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha says as she looks towards it and I look as well.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve replies.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," Natasha tells him and I quickly look at her.

"Are you sure?" I ask Natasha and she nods.

"If you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride," Steve tells the redhead.

"And maybe some back up," I tell Natasha and she smiles.

"I got a ride," she says as she back away from us, "Could use a boost though."

"Are you two sure about this?" Steve asks us.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun," Natasha says and I smile at her sarcasm.

She then runs towards a car, jumps from that and then onto Steve's shield. He pushes her up into the air and she gets onto one of the tiny aircrafts. "What about you, Evali-" Steve starts saying, but I run towards the car, jump onto it then push myself up.