019

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter nineteen:moving theaters !

chapter nineteen:
moving theaters !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

WHEN ATHENA WALKED into the theater for rehearsal for tech week with Ricky, Violetta, and EJ, she definitely did not expect to see that the entire area had burned down. Her eyes widened in shock as she watched multiple firefighters walk around to inspect everything. Water dripped from the ceiling and dust floated around the air. A firefighter brushed past their group and Athena stared after her with a confused expression.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" Nini asked, the first one brave enough to break the stunned silence.

"It's okay," Miss Jenn replied, walking up to them. "Nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theater over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job."

"We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next," a firefighter announced, holding a smoking basketball. "Some circuits blew in there over the break. Unfortunately, the show cannot go on."

"What?" Miss Jenn questioned.

Athena felt all of her breath leave her. All that hard work, all of those afternoon rehearsals playing the piano and memorizing lines . . . for nothing? She looked around at the burnt down set with a saddened expression. Tears threatened to spill, and Violetta must have noticed, because she wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulder and leaned her head on hers. For once in her life, Athena felt like she had actually belonged. This musical brought her closer to people she never thought she would be close with in the best possible way. Not to mention it grew her relationship with Ricky. She didn't want to let this show go . . . let them go.

"Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets," the firefighter continued. "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to red tag the entire backstage area for a month at least."

She handed the smoking basketball off to Miss Jenn. Athena felt Ricky interlace their fingers, and she squeezed his hand, trying to keep both of them calm. He then let her hand go and pulled out his phone, instantly navigating to Gina's contact to text her.

"No," Athena uttered, her voice quiet. "No, this cannot be happening."

"Did she just say costumes?" Kourtney inquired shakily.

"Okay," Miss Jenn stated, turning to them. "Okay, listen up. Hug your neighbor, take a moment, and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about our options. Nini and Ricky, spread the word."