023

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter twenty-three:act one !

act one !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

MINUS THAT SMALL detail of Big Red accidentally playing the National Anthem instead of dimming the lights and turning on the scoreboard instead of the fireworks sound, Athena thought that the musical was going smoothly so far. Ricky and Nini had done a fantastic job during the karaoke scene and Kourtney had tried her best up on that stage. Athena had also done well in her first scene as Kelsi during What I've Been Looking For, and although it was a little weird just playing the piano while Ricky and Nini sang the song, everything had gone over okay.

Now, all of them were gathered back in the bomb shelter to try and help prepare for the performance of Stick to the Status Quo. Athena and was next to Kourtney, encouraging the girl on as Carlos and Violetta tried to help her learn Gina's intricate choreography. Although Athena wasn't in the dance itself, she still wanted to do something helpful. Whenever she didn't have a scene, there was a whole lot of waiting around, so she helped people go over songs, assist them in grabbing costumes, and in this case, going over choreography.

"Just a little further, Kourt," Violetta urged as the girl tried to do the splits. "It's okay, you got this."

Kourtney stood back up. "Mmm-mmm. Vi, this is as far as I can split."

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Stick to the Status Quo," Miss Jenn announced as she walked into the room. "This is our biggest Act One showstopper, and you're all going to kill it because I love you. Any questions?"

Kourtney raised her hand. "I have a couple hundred."

"Wait, how is the Taylor dance break gonna work?" Seb asked. "Gina's tray-ography is really complex."

"I can run to the pit and have the orchestra cut that part," Carlos suggested.

Murmurs of disagreement echoed throughout the room. Athena frowned slightly. She knew Kourtney was new to this, but cutting out Gina's choreography would change the whole course of the number.

"Or we could just have Gina do it," Kourtney suddenly said.

Athena turned. Sure enough, standing in the doorway with a tray of cupcakes in her hand was none other than Gina. Gasps were heard all around the room and Athena let out an elated laugh. They all rushed up to her to greet her.