Chapter 18: Secrets deep within the Desert

Link and Zelda quietly snuck around the oasis, and saw Kara Kara Bazaar's salesmen, a few Gerudo, and a few Hylian travelers all gathered up with their supplies on the ground and their hands in the air.

"Wha-" Zelda began, but Link covered her mouth

"Yiga Clan" Link mouthed, noting the familiar sheikah traitors, who were gathered around the Bazaar.

Link noticed Beedle had also come here to sell items

"Find any bugs for me?" Beedle whispered

"No" Link replied

"The Yiga Clan had raided the Bazaar" Beedle whispered "From what I hear the Gerudo Troops are all busy preventing a Molduga from ravaging their town"

"Dang it" Link sighed "Zelda, what do we do?"

"I spot a Fortune Teller over there" Zelda said "Maybe he knows"

Link walked over to yet another purple-robed fortune teller.

Link quickly handed some rupees to the fortune teller.

The Fortune Teller slipped his hands onto his Crystal Ball while the Yiga General Sooga was turned away, and he whispered to Link

"The Lost Princess will save the Bazaar, and the Hero in Green will find the Zuna people in the deserts to the far south"

"Hey you!" a Yiga Blademaster walked up to the Fortune Teller in suspicion, and Link slipped away just in time.

He explained the plan to Zelda, and Link latched onto a Sand-Seal, riding away through the sands to the south, as Sand-Seal was a common transportation method in the Gerudo Desert since Horses were incapable of reaching the desert.

Link rode by camps of Electric Moblins, Electric Lizalfos, and Black Bokoblins as the Sand-Seal dragged Link far south through the sands.

Link thought he even ran over an unsuspecting Fire-Breath Lizalfos.

The Hero soon found himself in the very south part of the Gerudo Desert.

That's odd. This sign here that says "Desert of Doubt" looks super old

Link got off the Sand-Seal and let it swim away.

He proceeded into this mysterious Desert of Doubt, hoping he would soon find the Zuna Village

"Aha!"

Link found himself near a village full of tents that looked like the place where this desert-dwelling tribe could live.

Link could even see the sea in the far distance, and beyond that was other nations such as Termina, Holodrum, and Labrynna.

"Okay" Link walked forward into Zuna Village "Helloooo. Zuna folks"

No Reply

"HELLO! I'VE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH A SUPER HOT DESERT FOR TWO HOURS, CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

No Reply

Link peeked into one of the tents, and to his horror there were robed skeletons inside of it, stacked up and covered in dried blood.

Link found a message drawn into the sand that looked as if it had been made recently.

"Zuna massacred" it read "Usurper King Zant was here"

Somebody named Zant was here recently, and they massacred the Zuna people. And if this Zant is a Usurper King, he could be the false king who took over Hyrule and usurped the throne from the Last King of Hyrule!

Link found a stone tablet lying in the sand, as if a Zuna had dropped it during the Massacre, and Link read it

"The Legend says that the Pendant of Power lies in the Desert Palace out in the Desert of Mystery"

Pendant of Power? I know I got a pendant of courage in the Forest Temple, so maybe I need a second one?

Link did as the Zuna stone tablet said, and he left for the Desert of Mystery, which thankfully was just west of the Desert of Doubt.

In the Desert of Mystery, Link swiped at attacking vultures with his Knight's Broadsword, and he fired an arrow into the sky with his Knight's Bow, scaring away the rest of the vultures.

Link came to a dark structure that appeared to the Desert Palace he had been told about.

The Desert Palace was the shape of the head of some creepy prehistoric creature, and the entrance was the stone mouth.

Around the Desert Palace was a platform where rocks blocked trespassers from entering.

"Get the Book of Mudora" was written in the sand

"Book of Mudora?" Link asked "It's not like there is some library around here"

Link turned to see a skeleton of a man next to him.

Next to the ancient skeleton, was a green book.

How convenient

Link opened the Book of Mudora and read aloud

"Chapter 1: Introduction to the Chronicles of Mudora. Mudora is the name of- Hold on, let me look through the table of contents for something about a Desert Palace"

Link scanned down the table of contents, and found a page dedicated to the Desert of Mystery and Desert of Doubt.

One paragraph contained information about the Desert Palace, and a sentence from it revealed that Link just had to say the words: Let the Hero enter the palace of desert.

"Let the Hero enter the palace of desert!" Link stated, and the rocks moved, giving Link access to the entrance of the Desert Palace.

"Handy!" Link exclaimed "This Book of Mudora could provide me and Zelda with all sorts of information and-"

A gust of wind caused the millennia-old book to fall apart and become one with the sand.

"Well, there goes Link the all-knowing" Link sighed, and he entered the Desert Palace