Chapter 7: Goodbyes

Goodbyes

~~~

I am packing my things as I look at the TV in my room. "The Avengers are amazing!" A young boy says. I smile as I grab my uniform and pace it into my bag. I grab my sword off the ground and place it into a secure bag. I also decide to place my gun in my bag just in case.

I take a deep breath as I sit on the edge of the bed and groan silently when there is a knock on the door. "Come in," I say and my favorite redhead walks in. "Hi," I say with a smile as she walks over to me.

"I had to do something before I leave," Natasha tells me making me look up at her confused.

She holds her hand out for me and I place mine in it. I slowly stand up and I look down at her. "What is it?" I ask her. My heart starts racing as she places a hand on my cheek and gently strokes it.

"You're gorgeous," Natasha tells me with a small smile and my heart bursts at her words.

"Not as gorgeous as you, Romanoff," I respond and her smile grows. "I feel like you're turning soft."

"I'm only soft around you."

Natasha looks into my eyes and she slowly leans in. My hear races as we get closer and I give in. I sigh as her soft lips meet mine. They mold together perfectly just as the way they did years ago. I place my hands on Natasha's waist and she slowly pulls away. I am breathless as my eyes are still closed. Natasha lets out a soft laugh at my expression.

I slowly open my eyes and I smile. "I liked that," I tell her and she chuckles.

"I'm happy you did," Natasha responds and I pull her closer to me, "Because I did too."

"I missed you," I tell her and her eyes soften, "I miss having you like this. With me. I miss all of it."

"Give me a chance," Natasha says and I look at her confused, "Give me a chance to be yours again."

"Nat," I say as I look towards the ground, but she guides my face back up so I look at her.

"Please," Natasha says softly.

All the memories we made when we were together swarm my brain. The secureness and comfort I felt with having her by my side. The times we snuck away to be together. The times she stood up for me and when I did the same for her.

"Be my girlfriend," I tell her and a smile appears on her face.

"Yes," Natasha responds as she pulls me into another kiss.

I smile into the kiss and pick Natasha up by the back of her legs and she wraps them around my waist. Natasha laughs as I do so and she pulls away and leans her forehead against. "I missed you so much Natalia," I tell her with adoration.

"I missed you too Evalina," Natasha says as she pulls her forehead away from mine, "Come with Clint and I."

"What?" I asked shocked as I place her back down onto he ground.

"Come with us," Natasha repeats as she holds my hand, "I don't want to be away from you again."

"I don't want to either," I tell her with a smile, "I'll go with you."

Natasha's smile grows as she pulls me into another kiss. "Come on," Natasha says pulling away, "It's time to go. Finish packing and I'll be outside with everyone else."

"Alright," I respond. Natasha kisses my cheek and makes her way out of my room. I grab the mask that I would where with my uniform as I hold it tightly.

I place it in my bag and finish packing my things. I turn the TV off and walk out. "Had to say goodbye," I hear a voice and I look up to see Maria.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile, "I thought you were on the helicarrier with Fury."

"Made a pit stop," she tells me as I set my things down.

"I saw Natasha walk out of your room with the biggest smile I have ever seen her have," Maria says making me laugh.

"Well, when I'm her girlfriend, I think you would expect that reaction," I tell her and Maria's smile grow.

"I knew it would happen," she says pulling me into a tight hug.

"I had a feeling too," I tell her as we pull away, "Now you stay safe, Hill."

"Only if you do too, Devin," Maria tells me as I pick up my things.

"We'll see," I tell her and she pulls me in for one last hug and then I make my way outside.

"Heard that Little Blue has a girlfriend," Tony says walking up to me.

"She told you?" I ask him.

"Nope, but both of you have a glow that I have never seen before," Tony says making me laugh. I hear another laugh and I look to see Natasha laughing at something Clint says.

I stay quiet for a second as I admire her beautiful laugh. "Stop being so mushy," Tony says waving a hand in front of my face.

"Whatever, Tony," I say with a chuckle as I walk to the S.H.I.E.L.D. car that Clint has and place my belongings in the trunk.

"Lady Evalina," Thor says walking up to me with a smile.

"Thor," I respond in the same voice.

Thor wraps his arms around me making me shocked. I wrap my arms back around him and he gently tightens his hold the lets go. "I will see you in the future, Evalina," Thor says as he walks over to grab Loki's arm.

I nod in his direction as the Tesseract is brought out. I walk over and stand next to Natasha. She smiles as I wrap an arm around her waist. Loki is standing in front of us with a guard on his mouth so he can't speak and cuffs on his wrists. Natasha leans over to whisper something into Clint's ear and I chuckle as he smiles.

Thor then stands in front of Loki with the Tesseract in a case and a handle on each side. They each grab a side, then Thor turns his handle and they disappear. "Well, wasn't that dramatic," I say and Natasha laughs quietly.

I let go of her and walk over to Steve. "I'll see you around, Captain," I tell him as I approach him.

Steve smiles and pulls me in for a quick hug. "I'll see you Evalina," he responds as we pull away.

"Bruce," I say as I approach him.

I put out my hand and he gives me a firm shake. I then walk over to Tony and he pulls me into a tight embrace. "Alright, Tony. I'll miss you too," I say patting his back and he laughs.

"I'll see you around, Blue," Tony says as we pull away.

"See, you Tony."

I make my way back over to Natasha and Clint who are waiting by the car. "You ready?" Natasha asks as Clint gets into the drives seat, her in the passenger seat, and myself in the back.

"I was born ready."

~~~

Double update and final chapter of part one witch means Captain America: The Winter Soldier is up next! I hope you all enjoyed and keep a look out for part two. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author