Grape

"Violet! Time to go!"

I quickly grab everything then run down stairs into the kitchen where Bella and Charlie were.

Bella looks to me, "You ready to go?" I nod to her, about to say good bye to Charlie.

"Uh, Violet you mind hanging back a sec." Charlie's says to me awkwardly making me look to Bells who is also furrowing her brows, "Uh I'll be in the truck then..." Bella's looks to Charlie before walking out the front door.

I look back towards Charlie, "Is everything okay?"

Charlie nods to the chair opposite him, "Take a seat kiddo, your not in trouble."

I put my bag on the counter before walking over and sitting across from him.

"Okay.. how do I start this," Charlie says looking uncomfortable, " Now, I know you've been through a lot kid and I don't want to push you into talking about anything but I'm here... if you know.. you need to talk or I can arrange for you to.. you know talk to someone who's not me" I nod looking up at him, "I know you are Charlie and I really do appreciate everything you've done for me but I don't think I want to talk about it yet.."

Charlie puts his hands up, " And that's fine."

I move my head forward a bit, " But?"

"Uh, yeah, there's just one thing I need to bring up that the doctors told me but I didn't want to bring it up straight away-"

"It's okay Charlie, what is it." I ask him curiously.

Charlie slowly nods before looking at me, " Well it's just.. Uh.. the doctors told me about your eating habits." I sit up a little straighter putting my hands in my lap looking down at them, at how bony they are.

I knew both Charlie and Bella have notice my eating habits.. or lack off eating, honestly I just forget and food no longer holds the same appeal as it did when I was younger. I understand I need food to survive but I just don't think about it out of habit. When I do eat, I can only eat small amounts, no where near the amount I'm meant to be consuming. The doctors said it's because I'm so use to having small amounts to none at all, that eating a proper meal will most likely make me sick because my bodies not use to it. I was meant to be eating little bits more ever meal.. but I guess I'm just too used to not eating.

"I don't want to make you upset Violet but I was hoping that... that you could just try to eat a little bit more.... After everything you've been through... I don't want you wasting away on me kid.. I want you to live." Charlie's words really hit me, he doesn't have to care.. but he does.. and for him I'll try. I'll try to eat more because he's done so much for me that I can do this for him.

I look back up at him with watery eyes nodding, "I'll try, I promise."

****************

School was going by rather quickly and soon enough lunches rolled around and I was watching silently as Bella fills up two bowls of various different fruits and vegetables, one being smaller than the other. After her talk with Charlie she got into Bella's truck and the older of the two simply grabbed the others hand giving it a small squeeze, "I'll always be here to help you Vi."

"You want an apple too?" I nod my head making Bella reach out for a red apple but just as she's about to place it in my bowl she jumps slightly dropping it.

"Edible art?"

I watch as the apple falls but then is suddenly in the hands of the one who spoke, Edward then places the apple into my bowl on Bella's tray, "Bella," he nods to her then looks to me, "Violet." I nod politely back at him then turn my gaze to Bella waiting for her reaction.