Chapter 194

Chapter 194 - Old Li's sister tried to commit suicide (1)

Before Ruan Xia reached the side of the car, Song Tingshen had come out of the car. He handed her a bouquet of white roses with an expression as if this was only natural. "Today is your first day at work."

This sentence that didn't have a beginning or ending served an explanation for him giving her flowers.

... This man was getting better and better at attracting her interest.

Ruan Xia also pretended to smoothly accept the flowers and solemnly lowered her head and sniffed the flowers. "Thank you."

Not willing to be left out, Little Wang got out of the car and offered his crayon drawing to her. There was a blush on the chubby kid's face. He was probably somewhat shy since this was his first time giving a gift to his mom. "Mom, this is my gift for you. Mom, you worked hard at work."

Ruan Xia held the flowers in one hand and accepted Little Wang's drawing with her other hand. The drawings of children were relatively simple and childish. Little Wang had drawn two big stick figures holding hands with a small stick figure. This was obviously a drawing of their family. Little Wang had also thoughtfully drawn a house and a sun.

She leaned over and kissed Little Wang's chubby face. "Thank you, baby."

Although his mom left behind a faint lipstick mark on his chubby face, it didn't affect Little Wang's good mood. Hugging his mom's waist, he proudly and shyly flaunted to his dad, "Dad, Mom kissed me and didn't kiss you. That means she likes my gift more."

Song Tingshen: "..."

Ruan Xia giggled. She didn't dare to respond to that comment. If the chubby kid were to insist that she kiss Song Tingshen, that would be too exciting and too much.

Fortunately, Little Wang didn't make this request. The family of three happily got into the car.

Without Song Tingshen asking, Ruan Xia offered up the details of her first day at work. After she finished telling him, she still felt uneasy and added, "I think there might be something wrong with me. If the company isn't good, I would curse and complain every day about the company and my manager. But now that I'm working at an ideal company, I'm not used to it..."

Song Tingshen contemplated before answering, "It's normal for you to feel this way. After all, a company isn't a charity. From my perspective, a boss should provide benefits to his employees, but it should be within a reasonable range. Do you still want to work there?"

Ruan Xia hesitantly said, "I'll try for a little bit longer. How can anyone resign on their first day of work?"

---

The next day, Song Tingshen didn't drop Ruan Xia off at work. When he arrived at work, Assistant Chen came into his office to report today's itinerary.

Assistant Chen suddenly thought about how CEO Song and Li Jing's older brother were friends of many years. In addition, Li Jing's older brother had come to the office yesterday. Thus, he added, "CEO Song, Li Jing from the Finance Department is taking a week off."

Song Tingshen normally wouldn't concern himself with his junior employees taking time off. No one would think to mention it to him either. Assistant Chen had also hesitated on whether or not he should say anything, but taking into consideration that there was a friendship between  Song Tingshen and Li Yuanhang, he thought it was better to mention it.

Song Tingshen froze in surprise for a moment. "She's taking time off?"

"Yes, her relative asked on her behalf. She's probably sick."

Song Tingshen: "Alright, I got it."