Chapter 200

Chapter 200 - Her sister-in-law had already done something like that, but they had to protect her self-esteem (1)

Li Jing was asleep on a hospital bed. Her lips were somewhat pale, and her complexion wasn't good. Since there was a limited amount of hospital room available and she wasn't a seriously ill patient, she shared a room with two other patients.

"She's so young. Why did she take things so hard?" The old lady in the neighboring bed knew that Li Jing had swallowed sleeping pills. She looked at Li Yuanhang as she said, "Be more caring towards your younger sister. Young people these days, their ability to bear setbacks is getting worse and worse."

Li Yuanhang wryly smiled. Holding a towel, he wiped Li Jing's hand with it.

"Husband, go home to rest. I'll stay here and watch over Little Jing tonight." Seeing how exhausted her husband looked, it was impossible for Mrs. Li to not have negative opinions about her sister-in-law.

Everyone was busy with work these days. Her in-laws were traveling abroad and because her sister-in-law had commited suicide over some trivial matter, they had to take time out of their busy schedules to come take care of her.

Li Yuanhang could tell that his wife was displeased. He asked the old lady in the neighboring bed to keep an eye on his younger sister for a while, then he took his wife's hand and walked until they were out of the hospital. It was evening now, and it was much quieter than during the daytime. After checking that there was no one around, Li Yuanhang finally said, "It's been hard on you in the past few days. I looked for a caretaker. She should be here to help out by tomorrow."

"I'm upset because I feel bad for how hard you're working. You're responsible for several big projects. You're working overtime until so late each day. We can't tell dad and mom, so we can only take turns to come here to take care of her. Husband, don't try to keep the truth from me. I know what really happened." Mrs. Li grew angry. "Little Jing wasn't trying to kill herself. She swallowed a limited amount of pills. There was no way she wouldn't be fine.  Since she didn't actually want to die, what was her purpose in doing this? I have the right to know."

She had liked her sister-in-law in the past, but that feeling had changed now. No one liked people that caused trouble for themselves.

Li Yuanhang knew that he couldn't keep hiding the secret. After a period of silence, under his wife's questioning, he could only say, "I told her to resign, but she didn't want to."

"Why..." Mrs. Li quickly put things together and trailed off. She wasn't stupid. Although her husband hadn't clearly said it, the information that should be revealed was revealed. Why did her husband want his younger sister to resign when her work had been fine at Song Tingshen's company? And why was she unwilling? It didn't make sense that she fake committing suicide over such a trivial issue.

Mrs. Li incredulously looked at her husband and tentatively asked, "Little Jing, does she... Song Tingshen..."

There were some words that really couldn't be said.

Li Yuanhang nodded with exhaustion. There were dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't been able to close his eyes and sleep well for the past few nights. He had already reached his mental limit.

"Oh my god." Mrs. Li leaned back against the wall. It took her a long time to recover from this shock. "Song Tingshen had a wife and a child!"

In her moral views, she felt that if the other party had a family, then you should avoid doing anything that would arouse suspicion in everyday interaction, much less being interested in a married man. And now, not only did her sister-in-law like Song Tingshen, she faked a suicide attempt because she didn't want to resign from his company. That was too extreme.
________________________
The chapter 201 and the rest  is in my profile, check it out! Happy reading!