NINETEEN

{ik i said that updates will be once a week, but i'm still going to aim for more then that, so most weeks there will still be 1/2 updates}

Violet's entire summer consisted of two things:

- Running around with Stefan and Klaus whilst the latter tried (and failed) to make hybrids

- Trying to entertain Elsie.

Speaking of Elsie, she has been doing so much better then when Violet first found her. Over the summer, Elsie had slowly begun to trust Violet, and even told her a little bit of what happened before Violet saved her.

Violet never pushed Elsie to speak up about her past, but she always made sure to let Elsie know that if she wanted to speak, Violet would be there for her.

Elsie had flourished otherwise. Being away from Mystic Falls had been really good for her.

Despite their rather gory circumstances, Violet had tried to make it as happy as possible for Elsie. Whilst Elsie was somewhat aware of what Klaus and Stefan were up to, she didn't know the full extent and rarely saw it. Elsie was pretty comfortable around the other three vampires, because unlike her father, Stefan, Violet and Klaus offered her two things she'd never thought she'd have- love and (mostly) safety.

Because of the fact, Violet and Elsie never usually went with Klaus and Stefan whilst they did the dirty work, they ended up spending a lot of time in either a car or a hotel room. Occasionally, they were also able to stop at a theme park.

The second week was easily the most boring for them. The original road-trip excitement had worn off, and the boredom set in. Eventually, Violet decided to start tutoring Elsie. She was a very smart girl with great work ethics, but she never had the opportunity and missed too many school days so she had fallen behind. So, Violet had helped bring her back up to speed as well as giving them something to do.

As for Violet's siphoning powers, she had gradually learnt to have some control over them. She wasn't amazing at it, but she could at least stop herself from accidentally siphoning every supernatural being she touched. Which, luckily for her, meant she could safely give Stefan and Klaus as many hugs as she wanted.

"Love, you have to divide it first." Violet says gently, pointing to the numbers on the paper, "Then subtract."

"Math is stupid."

"I agree with you. Just finish this page and we can stop for the night."

Elsie nods, quickly finishing up the last questions and putting her book down, leaning over and lying her head on Violet's chest as Violet puts a blanket over the two. They had spent a lot of nights like this, cuddled together in the backseat of the car as they wait for Klaus and Stefan to finish their murdering sprees.

"Klaus will need to go find wherever this wolf is, and if he isn't too far away we are going to tonight so I think you should have a rest." Violet tells her