003

may 6th, 2020
2:40 pm

AYOLUWA DIDN'T MEAN TO BE FRIENDS WITH JUST GUYS

It just sorta happened that way.

Ayoluwa stood at her locker, putting textbooks and notebooks that she didn't need when two of her best friends, Nicholas and Levi walked up to her.

"Hey. Where's Gio and Q?" Ayoluwa questioned as she shut her locker.

"I don't know. Music room?" Nicholas leaned against the side of her adjacent locker, a guitar case in his hands.

"Do you see her guitar?" Levi asked in a boisterous tone.

"There's a piano in there. She doesn't need her guitar, dumb ass." Nicholas replied in the same tone.

"You know she prefers her guit-."

Ayoluwa let out a loud groan, "Can y'all not? You're annoying me. I'm fine without the guitar today. Let's just go."

Nicholas sent Levi a boastful smile as Ayoluwa closed her locker then readjusted the wide headband that held back her locs.

The trio started to walk down the hall at Mayfair High School in an attempt to find the missing two of their group.

Ayoluwa and Nicholas had met in fourth grade, when he had defended her locs from bullies and in return she had helped him with long division.

Ayoluwa had met Levi and Quincy in eighth grade when they were all placed in the same history class.

Giovanni had been the last to join their friend group in tenth grade when he had moved to Los Angeles from Seattle.

The boys loved to act reckless and Ayoluwa was more than happy to be the sole voice of reason that they needed.

And no, she was not having sex or doing sexual things with any of them, nor had any person in the group thought about that.

Gross.

Ayoluwa noted the looks of false knowing that she was receiving from the other seniors who were in the same hall as her and her friends.

"Oop. I'll meet y'all there." Ayoluwa said when she spotted a girl a year under them talking to Quincy and Giovanni.

"Why?" Levi asked.