25

"what's wrong?" jaehyun sneaked from behind yiren, hands snaking around her waist and his chin on her shoulder.

the girl just finished putting on her clothes, obviously still deep in thought from what happened to the both of them the night before. "jae" she muttered, her voice all quiet and shaky.

"yi, are you-" he couldn't finish his sentence any longer when yiren broke into sobs. jaehyun hugged her even tighter.

"last night was a mistake" she finally managed to say in between shaky breaths and broken sobs. "but-" "jae we aren't even together" she cut him off for the second time.

yiren felt the mattress shift and soon the boy was facing her and cupping her face with his big hands.
"if that's the issue then.. liu yiren, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked with a hint of desperation in his face. "god" he started again.

"i'm pretty messed up, but ever since i met you, i became a little less messed up" yiren wanted to chuckle at his silly words, her tears finally stopping.

"yi... i love you. i always have ever since in 3rd grade when you lent your crayons to a silly boy that cried in the corner because he had no friends..." he chuckled, dimples forming on both sides of his cheeks.

"and maybe i stopped liking you like that, but still, i never forgot the girl with those very annoying pigtails who approached me when no one else did." he squeezed the girl's cheeks tighter, making her look adorably stupid.

"jae" she smiled, although it was blurry, but she remembers. "i-" but before she could say what she was about to say, a phone rang from the bedside table. jaehyun's.

yiren sighed at interruption as jaehyun picked up his phone. "hello?" and his face dropped. it was never a good sign. "jae? is everything alright?"

"yoon"

both immediately drove as fast as they can to the hospital, jaehyun's younger brother, sungchan called, he was definitely panicking alright, he didn't know how to explain what happened and just told his brother to hurry up.

"jae, calm down, i'm sure it's not that serious" well, it could be serious, but yiren just wanted to soothe the boy when she noticed his hands started shaking as they walked through the ER.

"god, i'm the worst father ever" he buried his face into his hands. "don't say that, yoon is very lucky to have someone as caring and loving as you" yiren ran her hand on jaehyun's hair(although she struggled because he was tall)

"hyung!" another boy with light brown hair ran to them. "sungchan where's yoon? what happened to him?? is he alright??" jaehyun shook his brother's shoulders.

yiren definitely didn't expect his brother to look like that, despite being younger, he looked thinner, frailer, and taller than jaehyun.

"hyung, i'm sorry, he wanted to play tag with me" he pouted. "sungchan, i already told you that he can't do stuff like that, yoon isn't like the other kids" jaehyun sighed.

then a middle aged man walked out of the room wearing a white coat.
"are you the parents?" he asked. jaehyun ignored the question with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"what's wrong with my son? is he alright??" jaehyun asked, once again in panic.

"gladly he was rushed here right away, it isn't that serious but we still have to run a few more test to make sure he's stable" the doctor was friendly, random thought but he looked like a bunny.

"you may see him" he added, and jaehyun didn't waste another second to burst into the room.

"daddy!" for a child sick in bed, yoon-oh sure still was energetic. jaehyun crouched down the bed and gave his son a tight hug along with kisses all over his face, making the baby let out small giggles.

"mommy!" he exclaimed again when he saw yiren creep up from behind jaehyun.

"what about a 'uncle sungchan!' tsk" the tall male rolled his eyes.

"hi baby" yiren patted the child's head.

"i was so worried" jaehyun once again hugged the small body, "daddy, yuno can't breath" yoon-oh said, his voice all muffled.

"what?? call the doctor!"

"you idiot, he means you're hugging him too tight" yiren sat down on the bed and made the baby sit on her lap, rubbing small circles on his chest to calm soothe him.

"daddy don't need to worry, yuno is fine" he smiled, revealing his dimples, and that was enough for jaehyun to finally calm down and sit beside them, wrapping both yiren and yoon-oh in a light hug, his head on the girl's shoulder for support.

"i'm glad"

jaehyun wished that they could stay like this forever. just the three of them. because finally, he wasn't falling apart when he finally had her to support him in every step of the way.

_______

so wish me luck TT