67

"oh my..." Lady Rienne gasped. She glanced at the wide eyed Evelina and hid her smirk.

Alice's jaw once again dropped.

The nobles who heard Chase too, widened their eyes in shock and confusion.

Angelina too was stunned. Did....did he really ask her to dance. For some reason, she felt her heart ache.

Why? That was her only question.

She tried to get his attention for years! So why is he only taking interest in her now?

Was it because she acted like how Evelina acted in the past? Or was it because she didn't act like her usual self, that was cold, and scheming?

To others, Lilith was an arrogant and cold woman. But towards Chase, Lilith was shy and clingy. She was deeply attached to him.

So when he coldly turned a blind eyes to her when she was dragged away to be executed, it completely shattered her heart. She had never felt so much pain before.

So if he thought she would forgive him, he was wrong.

Angelina was about to reject him, but then she caught sight of Evelina, who's jealousy and fury was displayed on her face.

Angelina smirked and instead took his hand that was reaching out in the air for her.

"I'd be an honor, young master" Angelina's charming and alluring smile bloomed on her face.

"Mhmm" Chase nodded and led her to the dance floor.

The music started and they both started to dance.

This wasn't the first time they danced together. So it wasn't difficult for Angelina.

However, Chase wasn't aware of this and merely thought their dancing were compatible.

Thinking this, Chase smiled warmly and focused on the beautiful lady he was dancing with.

Seeing his gaze that was directed towards her, Angelina looked away. She couldn't bear looking at his smile that she once used to long for.

"......" Charles's expression was ashen. He felt a mix of emotions such as, anger, jealousy, annoyance, and confusion.

He didn't understand why Angelina would dance with Chase. Chase played a big part in her death, so why is she still willing to dance with him!?

He was angry because he had always hated Chase. He hated him ever since he was a child.

He hated it when Lilith would run out with adoration in her emerald eyes when she heard Chase was there to see her.

He hated the scene of them being together.

So this scene in front of his eyes, felt a like a thorn in his heart.

His sapphire eyes were cold. His dark expression made the atmosphere around him quite chilly.

However Angelina was oblivious to this and merely focused on her dance. She was careful in trying to avoid stepping on Chase's foot or her gown.

Evelina stood among the crowd with a face filled with rage. But when others turned to look at her, her expression changed from fury to sadness.

"Lady Evelina needn't be too sad." Rulias comforted her. He felt extreme pity for her. He glanced at the two people dancing and his eyes grew vicious.

He didn't understand why Chase would choose to dance with another women, when his fiancee was so 'lovable' and 'beautiful'.

The men around her immediately came to comfort her.

Evelina smiled and thanked their comforting words, but where they couldn't see, she was clenching her fist tightly.

The third song eventually ended and everyone got ready to return back to their own estates.

Everyone said goodbye to the duke, the duchess, and the emperor and empress.

Charles went over to Angelina and said his goodbye as well. His expression was dark and voice could barely be heard.

Angelina was puzzled why he seemed upset, but calmly said goodbye to him after thanking him for helping her.

Everyone eventually left and the servant began to clean everything up.

*************
Angelina was completely exhausted. But at least her debut ended in success.

Evelina returned to her room without saying anything to anyone else.

When Angelina returned to her room, she found her maid sleeping.

She chuckled and decided not to bother Marie for now. She quiet went over to Eric's room and found him peacefully reading.

"Was this what you were doing all this time?" Angelina laughed. Her debut took hours, has he been reading for that long?

"If you read so much, your eyes will get tired" Angelina spoke in a gentle tone. Anyone who heard her speak in such a tone will immediately feel at peace.

"It's not a problem. I already rested a lot." Eric closed his book and turned to look at her. He was slightly stunned.

It has been hours and yet Angelina's appearence was till neat, and her hair wasn't a mess. She still looked fresh and beautiful.

"What? Am I that beautiful?" Angelina smirked.

"N-no. I mean...." Eric worried that she would find his words offensive. But instead she laughed and patted his head.

"Now that your eating more, you look much more healthy, and handsome" Angelina winked.

"There's no need to flatter me" Eric tried to act like he was indifferent, but he failed since his red ears were exposing him.

"Your a really bad actor" Angelina jokingly mocked.

***********
The next day, Angelina received another letter from sir Robert. He wrote her that she or Marie could come at the end of the month to pick up her share of the earnings.

He also wrote that the shop earned a lot. In just a few days, the shop became quite popular. Perhaps it was because of it's grand appearence, luxurious decor, or the eye catching paintings.

Angelina smiled as she read the letter. That morning when she opened the gifts she was given, she did spot a lot that was from the shops.

She found it funny how they were giving her paintings that she painted herself.

She asked Marie to hang the paintings on the the wall of her bedroom. But she also gave one to Evelina.

************
Evelina looked at the beautiful painting on her maid's trembling hands. Her eyes turned cold and vicious.

She reconized the painting.

Although the shop selling it is called 'Colored Beauty', the paintings it sold were known as the 'Angel Brand', due to the watermark.

It was quite a popular brand recently. She knew that many nobles bought it.

The painting was not cheap, but as the daughter of a duke, she could afford it. But when she went there and wanted to purchase a piece, she suddenly couldn't.

She always felt off while looking at the paintings. It was beautiful, but she somehow hated it. She didn't understand why.

But Angelina giving this to her was obviously to show off. She wanted to show off how the nobles bought her a painting from a brand that was trending recently and popular among the nobles.

She gritted her teeth and demanded that Carol burn the hateful painting.

But as soon as carol threw the painting into the fireplace, a weird smelling smoke spewed out from it.

And before she knew it, she felt an itch under her dress. She lifted the hem of her dress and was horrified.

Her legs were full of rashes.