Chapter 35

Chapter 35

As usual, Zhang Zhiyin conversed endlessly with Yin Nian.

“You didn’t expect me to be the cat you have raised those two days right?”

He suddenly thought of something, and hurriedly typed: “Nowadays, animals might be transformed from something else. Never mind about me, don’t you pick up any small animals and bring them home! Not to mention sleeping with those little things of unknown origin and… taking a bath in front of them…”

“But I didn’t expect you to like small animals… I have a cat. You can raise it with me if you like. Don’t think of me as a cat anymore, or call me Mimi! The only real cat in our family is called ‘Dr. Y and Zhang Zhiyin’s son’, and its nickname is Yin Xiaoxiang.”

“It’s so annoying. I still don’t know how to deal with You Kun and the rest…”

“Today a client came, the boss wanted me to receive him instead of collating materials and copywriting all day, but Xiao Li took the client away in the end… but it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter…”

Zhang Zhiyin suddenly stopped typing and opened his backpack in the game. He looked at the ring that had been placed in the first box of the backpack’s storage and silently closed the backpack again. 

He saw the real Yin Nian. The real man did not seem that bad to approach and he was rather good to himself? Although he was probably only a cat in his eyes.

With tightened lips, Zhang Zhiyin lowered his eyes and typed, “When I’m happy, I’ll give you the ring.”

If one day, we… I’ll give you the ring.

The originally lost heart that was astray of its path, as if suddenly, a sliver of hope that did not seem to be hope had emerged from nowhere.

“Y, I miss you so much…”

He steered the character forward and gently gave the quiet little man a hug.

————————

When Zhang Zhiyin woke up, it was 5 p.m. at <Tomorrow>. Warm, orange sunlight slanted into the room, quietly rendering a halo.

He pushed the door open. The base was quieter and more orderly than usual. Everyone rushed by and occasionally talked in a low voice.

Zhang Zhiyin went to look for Dadao and saw him, Old Zhu, and Xiao Jin drinking boiled water together.

After the end of the world, instead of gathering to chat and drink tea or alcohol, it was changed to drinking boiled water together.

Seeing him coming in, Old Zhu poured him a cup and greeted him, “Captain, let’s drink together?”

Zhang Zhiyin nodded and sat down, asking them, “Why is it so quiet today?”

Xiao Jin said, “That’s because of the important guests I’ve told Captain before. The leaders and all those high ranks all went out to greet them, and so the small fry must all know one’s place so as to not offend any of them and cause bad luck to oneself.”

“Oh.” Zhang Zhiyin responded and heard that Li Zhun was injured.

“Today, Li Zhun and I were borrowed by another team and we came back at noon. Li Zhun was injured, but it isn’t serious. He broke his arm. He is recovering in his room at the moment.” Dadao said.