𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐗

MADISON

"Mom, I understand. You don't have to come see me. Really." I said again, emphasizing the point that my mother couldn't quite grasp.

"But I want to see my little girl." She whined like a 2-year-old.

"I want to see you too, Mom. But it has only been a month, I've just gotten used to everything. Well, mostly." The last line had to be the truest in the whole sentence. What I had gotten the most used to would have probably been my job, for I was the most comfortable with. I couldn't say the same to living with Aaron. Aaron, who I was so fucking attracted to but hated at the same time.

"Ok but if I don't go visit, you have to." She said in her defiant voice.

"Yes, Mom." I whined.

"Say hi to Aaron for me." She said, changing into her sweet voice. This woman was going to kill me with her mood swings.

"Bye, Mom."

"Bye." She snag before I ended the call.

Talking with my mother would either leave me in a happy mood or wanting-to-end-my-life mood. There was no in between. Today, fortunately, it had left me in a happy mood. I missed my Mom, especially now her being the only parent left for me.

I walked to the kitchen, wanting to get a snack, probably some Oreos which were still there from when I bought them. Maybe I had gone a bit far with the shopping spree. My body involuntarily stopped when I saw Aaron standing next to the kitchen island. He had his Jean clad legs crossed at the feet, an olive green t-shirt sticking to all the right places. I wasn't sure how he could pull out the color green. If I tried to I would end up looking like an ill-born broccoli.

I fought against my need to keep eyeing him like I had done so many times, and instead walked to the pantry in search for some Oreos. I didn't even dare mutter a 'hi' like I used to do. His presence was excused from my eyesight.

"Is it that difficult for you to at least accept my presence?" Had Aaron said those words yesterday I would've kicked him in the nut sack instead of coming out with a reply. I couldn't even grab the Oreos, for fuck's sake! I walked out of the pantry and stood in front of him.

"Is it that difficult for you to not fuck someone before my eyes?" I knew I should've ignored him, however, I acted like an immature teenager, searching in the array of thoughts in my head for a comeback.

"I could say the same for you."

"Excuse me?" I could've played comebacks all afternoon, but throw shit I said to me wasn't going to work.

"Fucking Lorenzo when you should be working." His face wall calm and collected when he uttered the words, for it hadn't been for the venom they brought inside I wouldn't have guessed he was mad at what had happened in that office. He was right in all the professional matter but those words weren't directed to if I was doing my work or not. They carried a deeper meaning, a deeper feeling.

"Don't accuse me of something when you don't even know half of what happened there." I rolled my eyes, ready to turn around from the discussion at hand.

My attempts didn't reach far, for Aaron didn't let me leave. His big hand clasped as if it were a collar around my neck. Not too hard to inflict any pain or mark, but hard enough to stop me from leaving. He pushed my body against his, my hands falling on Aaron's chest for leverage. My head reached his shoulder, craning my head upwards the only choice left to see what his eyes ignited.

Pure anger and lust shone from them, and it would be a lie if I said I wasn't already wet. "Don't roll your eyes at me." Was his only remark, and I had to admit, it was sexy as hell.