Chapter 15 | The Claws Are Out

My eyes fluttered open; a stinging sensation causing me to shut them again quickly. I hissed in pain, scrunching up my nose in distaste, not enjoying the feeling of my limbs weighing an entire ton.

I groaned, peeking my eyes open again slightly, allowing them to adjust to the bright lights above me.

Pushing myself up onto my elbows, I gazed around the room, noticing the door to Gia's room was missing, causing me to furrow my brows, confused.

"Clara!" announced Gia, pushing herself up from the couch in the corner, rushing over to me. "How are you feeling?"

"How long have I been asleep?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes vigorously, pushing my mess of a hair out of my face.

"Two days," said Gia sheepishly, causing my jaw to drop.

"I slept for two days?" I asked, shocked.

Gia shrugged, smiling slightly. "Yeah, most women find it nearly impossible to sleep through their heat, so you're pretty lucky."

"What happened to your door?"

Gia rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "You were screaming in your sleep last night, so Dylan broke down the door to get to you. It wasn't even locked, but the door knob is pretty stiff, so he just kicked through it."

My eyes widened, causing Gia to laugh. "Oh my God."

"It's fine, Clara. He's already ordered me a new one, although my parents weren't overly pleased about it."

"Where's Dylan?" I asked, feeling slightly embarrassed that my mate had seen me in such a state. Although, I was more than thankful for his self control, because I wanted my first time to be when we both felt ready, not because some werewolf heat was telling me to.

"He's currently training the fighters, but he's been cutting the sessions short so he can get back here as soon as possible."

I shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Alpha Paul won't like that."

"It's fine," comforted Gia, rubbing my back. "He  spoke to Alpha Paul about everything when he arrived back this morning and Dylan's agreed to stay for a little bit longer, until he's happy with the progression of the fighters."

"Okay, that's good," I replied, pressing my head against the headboard, allowing my neck to crack, sending a pleasurable shiver down my spine.

"Your Dad came over," muttered Gia, chewing at her plump bottom lip.

"Oh my God, what did he say?" I asked, running my hands down my face.

"He was kind of freaking out, and he wanted to see you, but my parents spoke to him and convinced him to go home. He's been calling twice a day to check up on you, so you should go see him once you're feeling up to it," said Gia, settling down next to me.

"I will. He's going to be so annoyed I didn't tell him about Dylan," I sighed, mentally cursing at myself.

Gia smiled, shaking her head. "I don't think he'll be annoyed. He'll just miss you."

"Miss me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at my best friend as she raked her fingers through her long blonde hair.

"Yeah, when you go to become Luna. We'll all miss you."

I furrowed my brows at Gia's sorrowful tone, shaking my head. "I hadn't really even thought about that."

"Really?" asked Gia. "You're going to be a Luna, Clara. It's such a big responsibility and you're going to be so busy. I'm just worried you won't have any time to visit."