~ FIVE ~

Tuesday 30th July 2019

Despite falling asleep around 2am, I am awake at the crack of dawn. Half 5! Why am I like this? The day that a guy, who I find very attractive, is supposed to be coming round. Well he's dropping off a football, not coming round as such, but yeah. I'm going to look like a literal zombie.

I quietly get out of bed, -seeing as I haven't been able to fall back asleep- and get my outfit for the day, before going for a shower. I try not to make much noise, as Harper is still asleep in the right side of my bed, whilst I look through my wardrobe. I pull out a short sleeved plain white t-shirt, a fern green button up long skirt that has a slim brown belt, some two strap brown sandals and some comfortable underwear. I creep out of the bedroom and make my way into the bathroom.

After a long shower to wake me up, I got dressed, and left my short hair to dry naturally

After a long shower to wake me up, I got dressed, and left my short hair to dry naturally. I'm still getting used to the new hair length, having had it cut through the week. I pick up my pyjamas off the bathroom floor, taking them to the laundry basket, which seems to be full. Time to out a whites wash on then.

It was around 7am when Harper made an appearance in the kitchen. She was still in her pyjamas, but looking much fresher than I did when I woke up. I smiled at her, gesturing towards the kettle, letting her know that it was freshly boiled and that she can help herself to a cup of tea. We sat at the dining table, listening to Greg James present BBC radio one breakfast. From 8 am onwards the kids came downstairs one at a time, Cormac being the last to get up. He has always been a long sleeper, I wish I was the same. Still feeling like death warmed up.

We enjoyed a chilled morning, Cormac was sat in his beanbag watching YouTube on his tablet, pearl was colouring in and Darcy was dancing around in a world of her own. Harper and I were lounging on the sofa, watching Ruth and Eamon on This Morning.  We stayed like this until mid-day, where we had a picnic in the garden, seeing as it is another hot day for London. May as well make the most of it.

As it approached half 3 Harper and the girls had packed up their stuff ready to set off, this is the part I hated. I wished we lived closer to eachother, not an hour apart. I held Harper tightly as we said our goodbyes, the kids playing tag on the pavement infront of us.

"Girls, come say bye to auntie Soph," the girls came running towards me, leaping into my open arms, nearly knocking me over. "Come here Cor! Give us a hug." He giggled as he walked towards Harper, giving her a bear hug. After all our goodbyes and promises to see eachother on Sunday, they got into Harper's car and set off, waving out the window until they turned the corner. I turned towards Cor, pulling him into my side as we took the steps up towards the front door.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day then spud? Any thoughts on what to have for tea?" He looked up at me, smiling.

"Can we paint? I want to paint a dinosaur for Pop's and send it to him!" Pop's being my dad and Cormac's best friend. They have the best bond and I can't help the smile I always have when they interact. I have so much love for the only two males in my life.