7 1 | J U L I E T

The footsteps stopped right in front of the door which I had left open. If only I had thought to leave it ajar, the way it was before then nobody would've noticed a change.

The person took a step inside, then another few after which the sound was muffled by the carpet in the middle of the room which meant I wouldn't be able to determine their position.

Trusting my judgement, I moved as silently as I could to the right of the table. Crouching lower, I crawled to the adjacent side of the table, then waited for some sort of noise.

When I didn't hear anything for half a minute, I peeked behind the table to my right and didn't see anyone. Then I did the same for the left side and still there was no one. That was odd. I knew I didn't imagine the sounds. I knew that someone had come inside and that he or she hadn't left because they would've made a sound on the hardwood floor.

There was a whoosh of air and I saw something flying over me and I yelped, falling to my side. Solid feet planted on the floor in front of me and I looked up to see Kaan looking amusedly down at me.

"Kaan! What the hell? Did you just jump down from the table and over my head?"

"Yes and scared the crap out of you in the process," he snorted, then held out a hand to me.

I slapped it away and pushed myself to my feet. "You're getting really comfortable with me. What're you doing here?"

"I was just getting myself something to drink that isn't alcoholic," he said, holding up a bottle of coke. "Then I noticed this door wasn't wide open when I first came in so I got curious. Now your turn, why are you here?"

"I don't want to tell you. Go back to the pool."

"Fine, then I guess Abeo might be able to tell me why exactly you were here," he said then started to walk towards the door but didn't make it far past three steps before I had him slammed against the wall.

"Listen here, asshole. I'm in the middle of something important here and I don't need you threatening me to be an unnecessary distraction. If you tell Abeo that I was here, I'm going to make sure Maira knows you're helping me and then whether you live or die is for her to decide."

"Wait, I was kidding!" He said with widened eyes. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead. "I swear I wasn't going to tell him anything."

I narrowed my eyes at him and he squirmed under my gaze. Seeing he was going to be no trouble for me, I stepped back. "Good."

He let out a breath he was holding and relaxed. "That was scary." He muttered to himself and I smirked.

"Why are there only a few videos of Maira and the gang recently?" I asked. "You are listening to me and recording every wrong thing she's done, right?"

He nodded fervently. "Of course. I've done everything you've told me but I don't know. It's like she's not herself lately. She doesn't bully others as much as she used to do. It's like she's going through something. She's constantly stressed and disinterested in torturing others. Murat is worried for her and even Josiah and Mike seen concerned."

"How the hell do you not know what's going on when you're with them for the most part in school?" I asked, annoyed at the lack of information influx.

"Hey, I'm the least significant part of their group. They're not as close to me as they are with each other about personal matters. No one would tell me what's going on and I try not to be very interested or they'll be suspicious."

"Just try and snoop around or something. That sure reveals a lot than what you expect," I said, looking meaningfully around the office.

Kaan looked like he was struggling to not ask what I meant. Smartly, he kept his mouth shut this time.

"Let's get out of here before anyone catches us here," I said.

When we returned to the party five minutes apart to not rouse any suspicion from anyone, everyone was having the time of their lives and I was happy to see that included Colin who was involved in a water fight with Boonsri-much to my dismay-and Aurelio and Frida.

Abeo was involved with a big group, laughing loudly along with them. I decided to join in the middle of the water fight, splashing everyone within a radius of two meters with a boatload of water. Colin and Frida shrieked and Aurelio laughed but Boonsri complained about me ruining her hair with the chlorine but that was insignificant to me.

Hands encircled me a few minutes later and I sighed audibly as Abeo once again stuck to me. Usually I would've told him to give me some space and not get so clingy all the time. If he would've been too much of that then I would've even changed my bed buddy but this was not about a good fuck anymore. Abeo was important for me to get more information about this drug ring.

Forcing a smile, I leaned into him. Being in his good graces would get me vital information which could help me wipe out Maira and her dogs-and most probably Abeo's dad and Nova inevitably.

"Where were you? You were gone for so long," he whined.

"I got hungry so I ate something from the fridge," I replied.

He nodded. "Are you still hungry?"

I shook my head. "No, but I'm a little bored of this party. That underground one in the warehouse was so fun!" I said, subtly getting on the topic I was more interested in.

"You really like that one, huh?" He said, steering away from my friends and in the privacy of an empty corner of the pool. "I'm not sure I like it. That place...is the hub of drugs. I saw people doing some sort once. I don't go to that part of the warehouse anymore."

"Really?!" I said in mock surprise. "I didn't see anything."

"But it happens. You know that guy you met there, the scary dude, Nova? He deals drugs. He's also an addict," he said, disgusted.

I found that getting Abeo to reveal things would be easy but the problem was that I didn't know how much he knew about his dad's probable drug business. He had mentioned to me that the boiler factory had hit a rough patch a few years ago but his dad 'miraculously' pulled them out of it which he was so proud of his dad for. That didn't sound like he knew that his dad had pulled them through by getting people to deal drugs for him.

There was still a lot to know about this but Abeo wasn't going to be much help in terms of getting the details.

"Ew, that's so bad," I said to humor him. He looked pleased to believe that I thought to same.

To know his dad's exact role in this, I had to know how he got those drugs. I was half certain that he produced it because they were transported through the boilers and the boilers only stop at the port from the factory with the exception of the warehouse.

That would mean that the drug production mainly happened somewhere in the factory. Of course he would have some inside people who managed it.

Still, it didn't answer if the ice cream brand O&J's with the Jackson's was just on a whim or had anything to do with drugs. After all Nova worked there. I didn't know much about drugs but I imagined it must pay well to not be required to work an additional job to get by.

But all my assumptions depended on a bigger assumption-that his dad really was involved in this and the answer laid in if the dates matched or not.

"Abeo," I began carefully. "Was there a party at the warehouse lately?"

"Yes," he said, not noticing my intense expression as I drowned out all other noises to hear his answer. "It was only six days ago."

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!