023: camellia

(a/n: some of y'all are so smart jesus christ.. i'm afraid you guys are going to find out the whole plot😔 i have one in mind and we are only halfway through the story guys please put on the brakes
ALSO HAPPY JUNGWON DAY 💖💞💕💕💗💕💝💘)
_____________________________

eunji's p.o.v

I didn't even dare to turn around.

Judging from their voice, Icimmediately knew who it was.

Please don't come near me, please
"Eunji are you alright? What happened?" Sangmi put a jacket protectingly over my back as I shuddered at the sudden touch.

Shaking, my arm went up my lips when the remaining petals fell to the ground.

Camilla.

"What the hell?" She questioned, after she leaned down closer to me and helping me sit up, "Didn't you just throw up- Wait..are these flowers? Where'd you get them?"

So many questions.
I felt my head aching more and more.

"I'm sorry you-.." My voice gave in, as I gasped slightly for air, rubbing my eyes in case I was just hallucinating, "that you had to see this."

"What...? Tell me what happened, Eunji." Sangmi demanded her hand on my shoulder as I looked at her emptily.

Is it a good idea to tell her about it?
I didn't know.

Still overwhelmed by everything that happened, I just looked down.

"Eunji? Please talk to me-"

"I'm sick." Was the only thing I said, before mustering up enough to look into her eyes.

She saw and caught me redhanded.
Lying was useless.

"Sick? Sick as in throwing up? Did you eat something wrong-"

"No." I interrupted her, already expecting her to not understand, "I throw up flowers."

Sangmi's eyes widened even more. "Why..why would you eat them?"

"They grow inside of me." I mumbled, shocked at my own words, as my hand went to my chest, where my lungs laid, "I have an illness, which causes flowers to grow inside of my lungs."

"This is not normal." She replied, making me smile bitterly.

"I know."

"But..how? There must be a reason why-"

"Sangmi, why are you here?" I interrupted her, not understanding why I had to explain myself.

Why did she have to be here? Why her?

I didn't understand. Not at all.

"I was worried." Sangmi sighed at me, before taking my arm, catching me off guard, "Now tell me..what is this about?"

Sighing, I gave up.

"It's..because I like someone. Someone, who's heart already got taken by someone else and someone I might never end up with." I mumbled, my voice still hoarse, as i turned to look away from her, "I know this sounds extremely pitiful, but please don't ask who—"

Sangmi looked to the ground, her expression unreadable.

"It's Jungwon, isn't it?" She asked after a while, making my eyes widen. 

Jackpot.
"No.

"Don't deny it." Sangmi sighed, a sad smile on her lips, "It won't help any of us if you lie."

"You are right." I gave in.

The girl next to me, shook her head. She seemed nervous and almost panicking. "And there's no cure or anything? Any medicine?"