◦03◦

━━━━━━

The days flew by. Some things have changed, while others have not. The freezing cold forest was still as breathtakingly beautiful as it had been. In the midst of the usual snowfall, various mythical animals were frolicking.

If we could say, the two princes' 'friendship' could not have been closer or further apart. They hadn't seen each other since they met at the crosswalk. They each had their own daily tasks, with the older male having the most. As he approached the age of becoming a king, he had a number of responsibilities to consider.

Meetings, meetings, meetings. It seemed to go on forever. Of course, the same feeling of being unconcerned about anything the council said remained.

And here he was, on his own throne, still not the king's. He leaned his chin against his palms, annoyingly listening to everything he needed to know about the nearby villages and the kingdom's future. The majority of the information was fairly well-known, as they were occasionally repeated. Jeongguk was lost in his thoughts, which were thousands of times better than living in this realm.

The man stood there, conversing with others, including the King, who was present. The King was proud of his son's actions and fohting abilities, but like any father, he expected him to be a perfect king. He had noticed his oldest son's behavior in the last few days. He had seen the etheral beauty male in the forest in recent days.

They finally changed the subject of conversation while Jeongguk was zoned out. "Because we all know that the pince will soon become the future king, it was requested that the search for the future king begin. Of course, there will be an organized event with candidates chosen by the King and Queen. They will be chosen from Kingdoms beyond Azrel, as the Fire Kingdom declined the offer to marry the families. "It will also begin the process of selecting the future king in a few weeks or months," the man said, reading from a list of paper documents.

For the first time, Jeongguk actually listened to what the man said. 'Future queen,' he kept repeating in his head. He wasn't supposed to find a queen so quickly, or at least no one told him when he would. He knew that one day or another, he would be forced to marry, but he just chanted in his head that day that it would not be soon.

He was so taken aback, so surprised, that he didn't know what to do or say. He knew that whatever he said to his father would not change the situation, but his mother may or may not assist him. because the bond between mother and son was stronger than the bond between father and son

Jeongguk himself was unsure about his sexuality. He knew they were living in a time...a time when liking the same gender was as bad as sin. Then you're kicked out of Azrel or wherever you were.

But something deep within him told him to meet the boy, the boy with the crystal-white eyes. Jeongguk was not used to having a friend; perhaps it was finally time to find one.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was laying on the ground in the forest, his own safe haven. Looking up at the grey sky, he felt more free than he had in a long time.

"We meet again, prince of the Ice Kingdom," guessed a raven-haired male standing right next to the laying boy.

"Are you spying on me?" he inquired, clearly surprised by the visit.

"Why should you say it that way?" Assume I'm paying a visit. Because everything is written in the rules, I have the right to enter the forest without anyone's permission, but no one can come across my territory. Isn't it great fun?"

"What's the game in here?"

"I can come check on you at any time, but you can't, am I right?" Jeongguk chuckled and motioned for Taehyung to assist him in standing. The younger one couldn't visit the other side because they'd be informed every time someone entered the kingdom.

"Are you sure it's not too cold here?" I'm talking about-"

"Even if I am, I can warm myself, you know?" he shook his head, winking at the younger.

"I see...so, what brought you here?" "I honestly didn't expect to see you again?"

"Is it really that difficult to say I want to make friends, taehyung-sshi?" jeongguk hummed.

'He recalls my name...' "Oh, well then," thought Taehyung.

"How come you're blushing so much? I swear, you have such pale skin, and blushing like this makes me wonder what the cause could be."

"I-i, Let's just go for a walk..."

And so they did; prince Taehyung was having a dull day, so he went for a'small walk' with the possibly older prince.

"Would you mind telling me more about yourself, Taehyung-shi?" "Or we'll play a game of question for question."

"question for question game?" asked the younger, looking up with doe eyes.

"I ask you, and you ask me." a simple game "I'll start." Because the other person nodded, he decided to go first. "Are you always staying here?"

"I come here most of the time...because the palace is too boring for me. "Um...why would you be friends with me?" Taehyung inquired.

"Why not?" says one. should I not?"

"no..I-I mean y-yes..I mean..." he sighed and resumed,

"It's just...nobody ever wanted to be friends with me.."

"You kidding, right snow white?" jeogguk's lips formed a cocky smirk.

"white snow?"

"a nickname, get used to it maybe, I will think of more..." chuckled the future king, surprising Taehyung, who had assumed Jeongguk would never laugh in front of him. "Why would no one want to be your friend?"

"oh..um..they don't find anything in me to be a reason for being friends with them..and since I am royalty, making friends is difficult.."

"hmm, I've only known you for a day, okay two days, including today, and I already want to be your friend, taehyung-sshi."

"Oh..umm, I suppose that's good?" "How does it feel to be in a friendship?"

"It'll be fun, agh Tae-ah. But, come on, let's make it official."

He knelt down in front of Taehyung and showed his pinky.

"Will you be my friend, Kim Taehyung?"

"ahh I-all right.."

"I will be your friend, jeongguk-shi." He made a pinky promise, leaving a giggle in the end.

──♛ꕥ♛──

ღIm really enjoying writting the storyღ

Im really enjoying writting the story