eight

"Jaemin you have some explaining to do!" Chenle exclaimed the second his black-haired friend opened the door.

"Jeno what in the hell-"

"Hey, you told them about Kyungmi so I have every right to tell them about that Jiyeon chick." Jeno interrupted and Jaemin rolled his eyes before moving to the side and allowing his friends in.

"You can't come here unannounced. This isn't Jeno's house." Jaemin said with a huff.

"Sorry man but NoJam here tells us that you have a soulmate~" Mark cooed at him.

"Yeah that supposedly hates him." Renjun scoffed out, making Jaemin furrow his brows.

"She doesn't hate me. She just doesn't want to talk to me and doesn't want a soulmate I think." Jaemin retorted and Haechan snorted.

"So in other words, she hates you." Haechan said and Jaemin smacked his arm, making the others laugh.

As the group laughed and continued to tease Jaemin, Jiyeon heard it from upstairs. Her curiosity took the best of her and with silent movements, she (followed by Buddy) inched her way towards the staircase and watched from above. Her head peered just slightly next to the wall with Buddy doing the exact same right below her.

"Hey, didn't Jeno say he has a dog too?" Chenle asked and Jeno nodded.

"Where is it-" Jisung questioned but was soon at a loss for words as he turned his head in multiple directions, eyeing the place down. His eyes came in contact with that of Jiyeon's and she jolted from surprise before running off back into the room.

"Uh, Jaemin. Not to freak you out or anything but there is a stranger upstairs!" Jisung whisper shouted to the olders and Jaemin's eyes widened as he realized that it was Jiyeon.

"Are you sure?" Mark asked with a raised brow and Jisung hurriedly nodded his head.

"I saw them. We made eye contact." Jisung explained and everyone quieted down to a whisper.

"Jaemin, call the cops." Renjun quietly said and slowly stood up at an attempt to not make any noise and alert the 'stranger'.

All of a sudden, Jaemin rushed out of his seat and ran up the stairs to his room.

The group looked at each other with pure confusion but quickly followed the boy who seemed to be in a panic.

Jaemin ran into his room where he saw Jiyeon freaking out and Buddy staring at her with a puzzled expression. He quickly shut the door and pressed his body against it so it would be difficult for the boys to get in but not impossible.

"Calm down." Jaemin whispered and Jiyeon looked at him with wide eyes.

"I can't fucking calm down Jaemin! Shit, I cant be a proper soulmate and here all your friends are gonna know and are gonna pressure me into doing this." Jiyeon exclaimed with heavy breaths as worry filled her body. She knew they were gonna judge her for her own thoughts and she was scared.

"It'll be fine-"

"Hey stranger! If you lay a hand on Jaemin, all 6 of us will beat your ass! You're a robber!" Jisung yelled from behind the door where constant banging and pushing was coming from.

Jaemin felt his strength start to wear down and soon enough, the boys pushed through the door, stumbling over one another and falling. Jiyeon looked at them, frightened with their sudden appearance in such a way and Jaemin groaned in pain as he felt the impact from the door and his body.

"Oh my gosh did you hurt our Nana?" Chenle questioned with suspicious eyes and Jiyeon stuttered, not being able to give out a response.

"Yeah! Did you- Oh shit hold up," Haechan began as he laid eyes on Jiyeon who stood there in shock.