chapter 10

"You may have left,but your betrayal remains,

Reminding me everytime that innocent faces are nothing but false fascades."
................................................

      3 years later

...............................................

Vincenzo pov

I stood in the driveway of my parents house,while leaning my back against my car.

My eyes shifting to the watch on my wrists,my leg shaking in boredom.

It's been 10 minutes already!

I have cancelled a meeting for this,she better hurry if they want me to agree to this.

Clicking sound was heard and I looked up.
My breath stopping for a second as I took in the  beauty.

A black dress adored her perfect figure,highlighting her curves.
Which she swayed elegantly with sass and style.

Kissing her cheeks,I greated her and for a second awkward silence got extended between us.

Holding open the door for her as a gentleman should,I sat on the driver's side and started the engine.

Slow music played in the car and neither of us tried to start a conversation.
Her eyes were fixed on the scenes outside the window .

"So Shelly, tell me about yourself. I am sure mom has told a lot about me already."

I asked trying to break the ice.
She smiled at me and placed her flick behind her ear .

"I am a fashion designer,you must have heard about my family business but I didn't join it. I wanted to do something on my own.So here I am the infamous owner of Shelly and company."

I merely nod,turning the steering to park the car in the restaurant.

Showing her the way,we went inside and the waiter showed us to my favourite table overseeing the entire city.

We got seated and she continued,while I admired the beautiful scenery.

"I heard your company got ranked in the top this year, congratulations on that"

I nodded, acknowledging it.

"How is your other business doing?

So she knows,it's good I guess.
I don't have to hide anything from her.
Lifting an eyebrow,I question her

"If you will kindly elaborate Shelly,which business are you talking about?"

I deliberately say,trying to know how much she knows.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat,her blue eyes staring back at me .

"You know your Mom had told me,I don't want to inquire much but just wanted to let you know that I know."

Interesting

Sitting back and sipping the cocktail,I look back at her.

She had an hourglass figure,her etiquettes were good,very polite and respectful.
Her face was beautiful,those blue eyes of her very intriguing and unique.
I could already tell that men would be throwing themselves at her feet .

"It's good that you know because that's what I am and I am proud of the work I do"

She nodded,her eyes fixed on her folded hands in her lap.

Placing my elbow on the table,I move forward.
Making her to look back at me again.

"I run a cartel , I have murdered people in cold blood and I deal in illegal stuff everyday."