Chapter 43

Genuine question, are you guys introverted or extroverted?
I'm an ambivert, towards the extroverted side.😅🤝
Oh by the way, Jimin and y/n are meeting soon!!!!!!!

After spending almost three weeks in (your country), you came back to Seoul.. work was lagging behind a lot and you had to get back to your normal life..

Your team seemed to be doing a pretty good job on their own but everything was behind on schedule and of course you were at fault. So you decided to spend most of your time in the lab, to compensate for the lost time.

You knew it was unfair for the others so you asked them to alternate and stay back on voluntary basis.. but no one seemed to mind and they all helped.. All this was making you immensely emotional, to see all your colleagues treating the project as their own, to dedicate themselves fully.. it was wholesome.

"Today?" Jungkook asked.

"Can't. I'm busy" you said.

"You're busy everyday y/n" Taehyung said, "are you ignoring us or something?"

"Pfft. why would I ignore you?" you asked.

"Okay then please meet us" Jungkook said.

It had almost been a week since you returned and you still hadn't met Taehyung or Jungkook even though they constantly asked you to meet them.. but you never seemed to get free from the lab.

As for Liam, you did go out with him.. once.. and it wasn't a bad experience either. But you told him that you didn't want to label that as a date because you still weren't mentally ready to 'date' anyone.

"Don't worry y/n" he said, "we won't rush into anything. We'll do as you say."

Fuck you.. you're too nice for me.

After working day and night for over eight days, you asked everyone to take an off on Sunday. You got a call while you were heading home for the day, it was Jungkook;

"We're taking you out for dinner tomorrow" he said.

"Hello to you too. And what?" you asked.

"Taehyungie hyung and I are taking you, y/n l/n, out for dinner tomorrow night." he said.

"But I'm gonna sleep the entire day tomorrow." you said.

"I don't care y/n, go sleep now. Sleep the entire day. But I'm picking you up at 7" he said.

"Ugh."

"Shut up y/n, I haven't seen you in a month." he said.

"Bitch you hadn't seen me for two years and you were fine" you said.

"Yeah but I'm used to seeing you almost everyday now" he said.

"Fine. I hate you"

"The feeling is mutual. Bye"

Going out with Taehyung and Jungkook meant an expensive place, but you had absolutely no energy to think about what you were gonna wear so you just crashed on your bed as soon as you reached, giving no thought to anything else.

Just as Jungkook said, you slept the entire day and throughout the afternoon and woke up at 5:30pm.

You spent another half hour lazily in bed when Taehyung called;

"You're still asleep aren't you?" he asked.

"You boys really need to learn how to greet people" you said.

"I knew it. Jungkook I told you she'd still be asleep. It's like I can still hear you snoring." he said.

"What is your problem?" you asked, that's when you realized you had to meet them in another hour.

"Oh shit, I forgot" you said, "can't we reschedule or something? I'm still sleepy."

"No y/n, we're not rescheduling. Get up and get ready. I'll be there by 7. V hyung will join us later." Jungkook said.

You groaned, "okay bye"

You picked out the first dry cleaned dress you could find and went for a quick shower. You got dressed as soon as you could, put on some make up and heels and you looked good enough to accompany two of the most handsome men in the world for dinner.

Jungkook rang the bell at 6:58pm;

"You're early" you said as you opened the door.

"And you're ready!" he seemed surprised, "and you look amazing. How did you manage this in an hour?"

You rolled your eyes at him, "you should give me more credit kookie. Let's go now. I need to be back home early because I need sleep."

"Sloth" he said.

"Stop calling me names asshole." you smiled, "you don't look that bad either. Did you dress up for Taetae?" you asked him as you sat in his car.

"Yeah shut up" he said.

"When are you gonna confess your love for him? You know he has the same feelings right?" you asked.

"You don't know that." he said.

"You're literally more blind than I am,, at least I know stuff." you said.

"What do you mean? What stuff?" he asked.

"Oh my god.. I haven't even told you anything!!" you said, "Liam might've asked me out."

"He did already?" Jungkook looked shocked.. and worried?

"What do you mean already? Don't tell me you knew.."

"Forget that.. did you go out with him? How did it go?" he asked.

"I did.. and it was good.. but I don't know..I don't think I'm ready" you said.

To your surprise, Jungkook didn't say anything at that, just pursed his lips and nodded. You didn't even get Jungkook' classic 'you need to move on' speech which you suspect he might've practiced with Maia.

"Dude this place looks so expensive" you said as you got down.

"Expensive people go to expensive places." He said with a dorky smile.

The place was indeed one of the poshest places you had ever been to. The ambience, the music, even the air inside seemed expensive.
It seemed like the kind of place Jimin would like to come to once in a blue moon.

Stop thinking about Jimin...........

But that was just as impossible as asking yourself to stop breathing.

The people didn't mind being in front of JEON JUNGKOOK. It seemed as if they were used to seeing idols everyday.
Apparently Jungkook had already reserved a table for the three of you in the nicest corner of the restaurant.

"I'm gonna pee and be back real soon" he said, "hyung's gonna be here anytime"

"Okay"