Chapter Six

Tom Riddle's Observations on Slytherins.

1. They are proud, precocious, and snotty.

2. They are more loyal than those ridiculous Hufflepuffs.

3. They are as cunning as one would expect.

4. Everyone underestimates the Pure blood women.

5. They are disappointingly compassionate.

6. They all have brilliant minds, much more so than the bookish Ravenclaws.

7. They respect power, and those who have power.

8. They are not cowards, but they know when to stand down, the kind of bravery those horrid Gryffindors should have.

9. They can have a different personality for any circumstance.

10. They have better qualities than a student from any other house.

*

The work load at the beginning of the second term was far more rigorous. He assumed it was in preparation of the OWL's they would be taking, but even so, they were a year away. Even through the load of work, he had found time for his new...extra-curricular.

There was something quite poetic about the scene he overlooked. A group of boys who had despised him because he was an orphan, now fancied him their leader. Just because he had ideas he was willing to act upon, and hope his parents had been some powerful family.

He was calling their group the Knights of Walpurgis. It was a rather fitting name, as legend had it the first Knights had followed Salazar Slytherin. As centuries passed, so did the name, following groups of wizard who vowed to make a purer world. His Knights would succeed.

He surveyed the boys he had chosen to stand before him. The ones from his own year, Cygnus, Orion, Abraxas and Avery. Then there was Anton Lestrange, who was a year older than him and Thoros Nott who was a year younger. One day you would join this group, a servant above all the others, far below him, obviously. But the time was not ripe.

He turned to Anton. "I intend to be a prefect next year. After that, head boy." Lestrange nodded.

"I see that. You're the obvious choice for Slytherin, Slughorn adores you. And for head boy, Dippet is practically eating out of your hand. If I may suggest it, Quidditch is not a bad idea. It would secure youa different group, and being Captain has its benefits."

Tom studied the older boy, gauging if he was serious or not. Surely he was not suggesting that the soon to be most powerful wizard in the world sink so low as to play a sport with a group of babbling buffoons. On the other hand, it would open up so many opportunities. And it wasn't like he was terrible at the sport. Certainly he could make the team. A snicker from Avery disproved that past thought. William was lucky he was the favorite.

"An interesting proposal. How wonderful you're proving your worth. I had doubts, you have quite the reputation." Multiple reputations, to be more accurate. One of the least repulsive was his public feud with Henry Davis, the idiot Gryffindor. He still had not discovered the lion brat's issue with you, but he would like to see it resolved, and quickly.

For that, he held Anton back after dismissing the other Knights. If the older boy did not like being led by the younger Slytherin, he did not show it. "Yes Tom?" He suppressed a shudder at the common name.

"What do you know about Davis and Alexandrov." Anton laughed.

"The lovebirds! She really lucked out of that, let me tell you. He's been bloody well pissed since." Tom could not stand the incompetence.