8. Work It

Fox^^^

🌟 P E M 🌟

"Jace," I went to him, "Zane explained everything to me," I placed my hand on top of his shirt, over his frenetically beating heart.

"I saw what he did," he huffed out, his eyes landed on Zane, so hurt. "We saw through the window."

Well that's unfortunate.

I shook my head, I tugged on his shirt sleeve, bringing his attention back to me, "No, he showed me in a very special way, it all makes sense now... why you can't be with me...yet."

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

This was awkward.

"Well," I looked over my shoulder at Zane, he nodded in encouragement. I turned back to Jace, "he had me...Umm... say everyone's name," I cleared my throat, my neck and face burning up, "while he pleasured me," I tried to smile genuinely, but I was so embarrassed that I'm sure I looked like a damn idiot, red faced all. "He showed me that there's so much more I can have if I am not so one-person minded..." I trailed off.

Jace lifted his brow at me, "Really?" the corner of his lip lifted in amusement.

Okay, I can work with this.

"Yeah, I get it, I need to form a bond with everyone," I shrugged, trying to play it off like it was no big deal. Thank God for acting classes!

His hands landed on top of the one that was covering his heart, "Do you think you can do that, Pem? Fall in love with all of us?" his voice hopeful, a spark glinted in his eyes.

I nodded in earnest, then looked past him to the other boys standing behind him, "I really want to try."

They were smiling at me. I looked at each one of them, when my eyes landed on Vance, he was looking at Zane, a mixture of emotions played out on his face. The one that I didn't like, at all, was displeasure.

I softly placed a kiss on Jace's cheek and then pulled away and stepped around him over to Vance, successfully blocking his gaze from Zane.

When his warm eyes found mine, I smiled hesitantly at him, "Don't be mad at him," I nodded in Zane's direction, "he was only trying to help, which he did and I'm very grateful for," I shyly looked down to my feet, and then back up to him through my dark lashes, "I wouldn't be here right now if he didn't show me the way that he did...I was ready to flee and I would have successfully done so if it weren't for him." I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, my eyes wide as I batted my lashes at him.

Vance's lips curled up in a handsome smile as he chuckled and pulled me into a hug, "Hey Fox, looks like you've met your match with the puppy dog eyes," he called over my shoulder.

"Bring it, Pem! Oh the things we'll be able to get them to agree to!" Fox giggled while he came up behind me, as I was still embraced by Vance, and attacked me in a bear hug from behind.

I smiled into Vance's neck, Fox seemed like so much fun, I never had a true friend. They were all users, all they wanted was a piece of my fortune and fame.

We pulled apart, "Maybe I can..." damn, was I really going to say this? "take you all out on a date soon?" I closed my eyes, mortified.

"Oh my God!" Fox squealed, "Say yes Vance, please! I want to help him plan it... if he'll let me," Fox gave me his puppy dog eyes.